New to forum, planning first dr trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flguy

Mar 12, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm planning my first trip to dr this summer and am excited. Every time I google stuff that I'm wondering about this forum always pops up so I figured I'd join. I'm planning to visit either boca chica or sosua. Based on stuff I've read I think I'd like to visit boca chica first but I'd be happy to hear any opinions or advice from you experienced dr-ers. I am a male in my late twenties who is newly single and looking to enjoy my trip if you know what I mean. I live in Florida so I do speak a lot of basic Spanish, and am working on improving that before my trip. I'm wondering about the 2013 crackdown I read about. Is it still easy for someone in my situation to find what they are looking for? My main concern is this 10-15 year prison sentence thing for clients. Obviously I don't want to risk that, can anyone shed some light on this for me? I couldn't find much on it but it seems like an important enough thing to find out about before hand. Is it likely this would happen to me if I go?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
First welcome to dr1.........
Secondly, no idea, as an answer to ure questions.....
But I am sure others will chime in.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello everyone, I'm planning my first trip to dr this summer and am excited. Every time I google stuff that I'm wondering about this forum always pops up so I figured I'd join. I'm planning to visit either boca chica or sosua. Based on stuff I've read I think I'd like to visit boca chica first but I'd be happy to hear any opinions or advice from you experienced dr-ers. I am a male in my late twenties who is newly single and looking to enjoy my trip if you know what I mean. I live in Florida so I do speak a lot of basic Spanish, and am working on improving that before my trip. I'm wondering about the 2013 crackdown I read about. Is it still easy for someone in my situation to find what they are looking for? My main concern is this 10-15 year prison sentence thing for clients. Obviously I don't want to risk that, can anyone shed some light on this for me? I couldn't find much on it but it seems like an important enough thing to find out about before hand. Is it likely this would happen to me if I go?

HI:

Just be discreet. Believe me you will stand out like a soar __ck. The women will find you. Do not wear jewerly, expensive watches or carry your wallet. You will be an easy target to get pick pocketed. Boca Chica is a good choice if your main priority is to get laid every night. You will have no problems finding that. If you are going by yourself just use common sense and watch how much alcohol you consume. If your drunk you will wake up and find your posessions gone. This is not South Florida. You are on Domincan turf. Be careful and you will have an enjoyable trip.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Appropriate Choice

I'm planning to visit either boca chica or sosua.I am a male in my late twenties who is newly single and looking to enjoy my trip if you know what I mean.

Excellent choice! :laugh:

As long as you do not come to Las Terrenas I am fine with your planning... :classic:

donP

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Save yourself the cost of the flight and check the yellow pages for your city. No language problems and you can probably use your credit card.

If you do come here, have a good time, enjoy the country, it's culture and the environment. If you are intent on enjoying its women, bring lots of condoms. AIDS is endemic as is just about every other STD. When dealing with the P2P element, you expose yourself to a level of personal risk that you may not fully appreciate.

Do not take locals back to your hotel, do not let on where you keep your money. Do not have a pocket full of money. Do not buy them anything and just like a taxi, negotiate the price before you climb in. The palm sisters are cheaper, more convenient and safer.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't bring, or use drugs of any kind here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If a cop shaking you down for a thousand dollars is the worst thing that happens if you do, you're a lucky guy!
No girls under 18 years of age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw some hot "CUBAN HOOKERS" IN MIAMI AND AVOID THE TIME, EXPENSE, AND AGGRAVATION OF COMING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
If you are intent on enjoying its women, bring lots of condoms. AIDS is endemic as is just about every other STD.

HMMM... I'm DEFINITELY a "safety first" kinda guy... but let's keep things in perspective. Endemic????

quote from Wiki: NOT a perfect source.. but probably better than reactionary comments:

The Dominican Republic has a 0.7 percent prevalence rate of HIV/AIDS, among the lowest percentage-wise in the Caribbean region.

The Captain likes the crew to stay on an even keel.

Last edited:

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Welcome to DR 1. You will enjoy your vacation in the Dominican Republic.
Just remember one thing. The job of most people that approach you is to separate you from your cash. So, be careful.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Run FLGuy run. If you really have to ask these questions you will be eaten up and spit out. Do the hooker thing where you live and after you have figured out how it works "come on down".
Otherwise you will be just another dumb schumk we get to read about.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
just try to be cool....really cool...and wear rubber jewelry...not what ur thinking i mean plastic bracelets etc...
of course there are alot of guys that come to d.r. and find a girl that they really like spend the entire vacation w/them and see what a good life they could have together... make a life together with a hottie....i've heard of guys spending their whole paychecks in houses with one girl till she gets ****ed and quits work and goes home with him...of course a lot of the clients know he is in crazy love and dont go near her.... and at 120$ hr his time dont last long...
but being in (at)the beach or puerta plata is like being in a candy store...a young guy can and will meet and greet ladies there...

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013

If you already are getting scared of ending up in jail you better not come.. They will smell your fear from the airport and you will end with too much trouble.. You wont survive one day in a Dominican Jail... Better stay close to your mommy and screw some Cuban hookers in Miami..

Flguy

Mar 12, 2015
Thnx for advice

Hey everyone, thanks for all the advice. I'm planning to stay a night in Miami before I fly out anyways so I'll have some fun there 2 I'm sure.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hey everyone, thanks for all the advice. I'm planning to stay a night in Miami before I fly out anyways so I'll have some fun there 2 I'm sure.

If you happen to get arrested in the DR call 1-800-MARIPOSA. At least we will know where you are.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)

Boca Chica has express guaguas from Duarte in Santo Domingo. The bus arrives at a small park in the shade. Very pleasant for hanging out. And all the restaurants have shade and abut the sea. Also very pleasant. Large numbers of Dominicans come here, so I did not experience the "tourist hard sell." Don't know about accommodations . . .

Welcome to the forums.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
HI:

Just be discreet. Believe me you will stand out like a soar __ck. The women will find you. Do not wear jewerly, expensive watches or carry your wallet. You will be an easy target to get pick pocketed. Boca Chica is a good choice if your main priority is to get laid every night. You will have no problems finding that. If you are going by yourself just use common sense and watch how much alcohol you consume. If your drunk you will wake up and find your posessions gone. This is not South Florida. You are on Domincan turf. Be careful and you will have an enjoyable trip.

I agree with this advice. Let me add my mil pesos of experience. You must have a local phone and trade phone numbers with anyone you meet. You will both have a vested interest in repeat business. You control the situation, not her. Find out in advance where are the hotels with four hour rooms, check them out on your own during the day. Make sure that you can pay in cash with no identification. Meet for dates with your new friend in advance of any physical contact. Make an appointment. Buy her a small gift such as a bar of soap, a token of appreciation. Go to your designated room during the day and leave EVERYTHING at home. Keep in your pocket only cash for a couple of drinks, her fee and the room fee. If you need to pee, you can be completely relaxed if she goes through your clothes (probably wouldn't happen). Build a working relationship. Become a client.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
You can get a massage with a guaranteed happy ending in Sosua or Cabarete. Probably in other places, but those are where I have heard the offer.

To hell with the happy ending! Give me a happy beginning so I can enjoy the massage! Also, you can go in for a straight massage, then when you are inside, if you like what you see, determine if they are flipping prostitution. Get a phone number.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I agree with this advice. Let me add my mil pesos of experience. You must have a local phone and trade phone numbers with anyone you meet. You will both have a vested interest in repeat business. You control the situation, not her. Find out in advance where are the hotels with four hour rooms, check them out on your own during the day. Make sure that you can pay in cash with no identification. Meet for dates with your new friend in advance of any physical contact. Make an appointment. Buy her a small gift such as a bar of soap, a token of appreciation. Go to your designated room during the day and leave EVERYTHING at home. Keep in your pocket only cash for a couple of drinks, her fee and the room fee. If you need to pee, you can be completely relaxed if she goes through your clothes (probably wouldn't happen). Build a working relationship. Become a client.

I see this intro being shut down really fast.

Mongering advice not accepted here.

I see where your interests are. You sound like a pro!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
To hell with the happy ending! Give me a happy beginning so I can enjoy the massage! Also, you can go in for a straight massage, then when you are inside, if you like what you see, determine if they are flipping prostitution. Get a phone number.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.