Neighborhood Suffers 35 Burglaries

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I heard about that yesterday while I was in the capital. Ciudad Real was on my list of locations to look for a place to move to. Not anymore...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
When they catch the people doing this they should make an example out of them. I was told my neighbors did this to a few guys in the summer of 2013 who were caught breaking into cars. Hasn't been a burglary in the neighborhood since.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I guarantee that this is the result of a maid or security guard who lives/works in the area. 200 a month doesnt get you what it used to

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The area Green Dreams in the Bavaro region has recently been a target. Shot guns and machetes being used. The violence seems to be escalating as well. Unfortunately just a matter of time until someone is badly injured or killed

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
The security guard and maid are both in on it...like a tanned Bonnie and Clyde type thing.

"Get me rewrite!"

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A few years ago this happened in my mother-in-law's neighborhood - burglary after burglary, all centralized. Well one night the burglars were surprised by the residents, who chased them into the street, and the neighborhood joined in. One of them was caught on my in-laws front steps, and he died right there. Street justice.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Long rifles and shot guns are difficult. Hand guns are easier but the bottom line is both are illegal without proper permits.
If you really want a gun do it the right way. It's a bit frustrating but possible. Doing the wrong way can be easier but if your caught your are f****d

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Long rifles and shot guns are difficult. Hand guns are easier but the bottom line is both are illegal without proper permits.
If you really want a gun do it the right way. It's a bit frustrating but possible. Doing the wrong way can be easier but if your caught your are f****d

i wanted a couple of "chocas" shotguns but changed my mind....

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
How difficult is it to import (legally) a Mossberg Shotgun here....either intact or in pieces for re-assembly?

It is NOT LEGAL.

No guns, ammo or parts can legally be imported.
Residents and D.R. citizens can get a permanent license and purchase a Mossberg Shotgun here.

f3hu2q.jpg

Jan 3, 2003
How difficult is it to import (legally) a Mossberg Shotgun here....
either intact or in pieces for re-assembly?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talking about the difficulties of importing a shotgun. Wouldn't an M-16 be better?
When it gets to this, it's best to leave. I'm happy I left the DR many many years ago. I haven't been back and am not
planning to go back anytime soon. I skype with family. That is the extent of my Dominican holiday.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Shotguns scare the hell out of "Ladrones".
They know you can't miss.
I jacked a round into the chamber of my Mossberg 12 ga, one night about 12 years ago, and the guy is STILL RUNNING!!!!
Even the sound was enough!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ps,..."O&C" come back, she WASN'T pregnant after all!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
[Q
When it gets to this, it's best to leave. I'm happy I left the DR many many years ago. I haven't been back and am not
planning to go back anytime soon. I skype with family. That is the extent of my Dominican holiday.[/QUOTE]

Its easy for many of us to stay here instead of taking on more challenging and rewarding lives in the civilized world. I congratulate you and hope to be able to say the same in the next year to year and a half.

We can stay here forever reasonably comfortably without working that hard but its fools gold. The only positives are that my wife hasnt had to work and the lower cost of living has allowed me to work on building a business.
Life itself here is very limited and as our family grows the US presents itself as the land of opportunity

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I don't think the DR is a good place if you have to work for a living, but it ain't bad if all you have to do is PLAY!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

El Mar Caribe

Mar 17, 2015
This is why lawful citizens should own guns. Think about how scared someone would be if they're at home and then hearing a hatchet going through the door. Just whip out your shotgun and blast through the door.

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
So you are telling us to go back to the "land of opportunity"? While I agree that life here sucks and is extremely limiting, our dear U.S has the largest prison system in the world, taxes the self employed 35% and has over one million reported! people who are currently out of work. When you go back to the "land of opportunity" what are you planning to do there?