Dog lost at Punta Cana airport

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Please help find Romus. He escaped from his airport handlers whilst boarding a flight to Belgium at Punta Cana airport on 25 Feb. He was last seen running out of one of the airport entrances. He was wearing this distinctive red harness.
If you see him please call the ladies at Collares Rojos on 809 350 2203 or Bayahibe Vets 809-833-0563 / 829-335-0553

mhyddc.jpg

More info about the search for Romus on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CollaresRojos

Thank you.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Clever Romus

He escaped from his airport handlers whilst boarding a flight to Belgium...

You can't really blame him, can you?... Who wants to go to Belgium???? :tired: :cross-eye :surprised

donP

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
No, it's true. Romus has been missing for a few weeks and both Collares Rojos and Rescatame have been actively searching for him. It doesn't help that the poor thing that was rescued from abuse when he was younger. It's made it that much harder to catch him as he doesn't seem to trust humans easily.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
No, it's true. Romus has been missing for a few weeks and both Collares Rojos and Rescatame have been actively searching for him. It doesn't help that the poor thing that was rescued from abuse when he was younger. It's made it that much harder to catch him as he doesn't seem to trust humans easily.

Generally I trust your posts. But how do you know this is true.

Same thing happened at POP a few months ago and the dog was found(was a rescue and scared of peeps). Have they offered a reward to locals? That is how this other dog was found.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Same thing happened at POP a few months ago and the dog was found(was a rescue and scared of peeps). Have they offered a reward to locals? That is how this other dog was found.
I haven't seen anything yet about a reward. Will suggest it though. Hopefully he's around the Punta Vana Village area and will go looking for food around there. He was reportedly last seen a few days ago.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Just a way to get their face book page on DR1 for free, and solicit donations!!!!!!!
Me Thinks!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Oh so cynical! This is a genuine post. Collares Rojos don't even know I posted this here. Just trying to spread the word.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Please help find Romus. He escaped from his airport handlers whilst boarding a flight to Belgium at Punta Cana airport on 25 Feb. He was last seen running out of one of the airport entrances. He was wearing this distinctive red harness.
If you see him please call the ladies at Collares Rojos on 809 350 2203 or Bayahibe Vets 809-833-0563 / 829-335-0553

mhyddc.jpg

More info about the search for Romus on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CollaresRojos

Thank you.

I am assuming he was in a cage so how did this happen?

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
I am assuming he was in a cage so how did this happen?

I don't know the details. Could've been whilst he was being "inspected" by the Dept. of agriculture staff or perhaps someone accidentally opened his crate...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
According to the airport video, the crate door didn't have both latches secured. When they were about to load him in the cargo area, he freaked out and managed somehow to push the door open enough to squeeze through and took off. He was caught on camera a few times after and seen by the airport staff but he's so skittish they weren't able to catch him.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Those doors/gates are supposed to be 'secured' by those plastic tie strips,,,

at least mine have always been - secured by the airline staff

the 'handler' is to blame if there was locked gate.....

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
According to the airport video, the crate door didn't have both latches secured. When they were about to load him in the cargo area, he freaked out and managed somehow to push the door open enough to squeeze through and took off. He was caught on camera a few times after and seen by the airport staff but he's so skittish they weren't able to catch him.

Thanks for the update.

I know the area around the airport well. So much of the undeveloped ground is covered with dense vegetation, it won't be easy to find him. let's hope he stays in the area in his search for food and water.
Do you think he would try to make his way back to his last home?

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Oh so cynical! This is a genuine post. Collares Rojos don't even know I posted this here. Just trying to spread the word.

The animal groups on this island are little different from the putas and motoconchos. Constantly harassing for money, and shoving dog pictures/stories down your thought.