Concerns

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I like the new Board. However, I have a couple of concerns:

One is that the "Gossip" section will become the catchall, thus restoring the old board. I am especially concerned about this with respect to matters that should go into "Living". Unless the Webmaster and regulars to the Board are conscious of the distinction between the two, we may soon find everything posted under "gossip". For starters, I think there needs to be a clearer explanation of what goes in gossip and what goes in "Living".

I am also concerned about the uncertainty relative to the place for such postings as: how will the weather be in February? who is best whalewatching guide in Samana? how much does it cost to take a taxi from airport to Sosua? what is a clean, modest priced hotel in Santiago? Do these questions go into "Living" or into "Gossip"? To me, they don't seem to fit in either. Maybe there should be another category for the many questions like these posted by prospective visitors and those planning for an upcoming visit. Or maybe it is that I don't have a good understanding of the topics that belong under each category. More direction than is presently provided by the brief statement for each category would be helpful in this respect.

But I like the new board and wish it well.