American robbed and assauted in Las Terrenas

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
So sad.

I know a gringa who had her purse stolen while on her pasola, but had never heard of anyone being injured.

They have the suspects in custody, so it is somehow reassuring.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
woman walking alone, a few drinks and a dark area is a recipe for crime of opportunity anywhere in the world. Beating her up is vicious. Guess is that she either had no money or resisted. Sadly the perps were not shot trying to escape from the police. These guys will be back out on the streets looking for another victim. Does anyone ever really recover from this kind of crime?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
woman walking alone, a few drinks and a dark area is a recipe for crime of opportunity anywhere in the world. Beating her up is vicious. Guess is that she either had no money or resisted. Sadly the perps were not shot trying to escape from the police. These guys will be back out on the streets looking for another victim. Does anyone ever really recover from this kind of crime?

It says she was on a pasola.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NEVER, a great idea to "Blame the VICTIM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THESE GUYS ARE LIE COCKROACHES, you can smash 3 or 4, and they just keep coming!

I gave up going out at night about 6 years ago!!!

Not that going out during the day is much safer anymore!!!!

Welcome to "PARADISE",....DOMINICAN STYLE!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So sad.

"I know a gringa who had her purse stolen while on her pasola, but had never heard of anyone being injured."

This thread has nothing to do with who you know, any more than than it has to do with my neighbors.
Give one, receive one. End of story.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
french biker gangs ride pasolas? do they wear berets? fight using baguettes?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Mentally Deranged

Well, we all know who's running the show up there in Las Terrenas and I wouldn't be surprised if a French biker gang was involved. Saw her riding the pasola and assumed she was with a rival gang.

Gang des Tractions Avant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are mentally deranged.

As far as I have heard the perpretators were Dominicans.
It is also unlikely that French residents are behind that crime (like paying Dominicans to commit it).

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Nightly Attacks in LT

ok.. maybe she was a little off the beaten tourist track but hardly.

It happened downtown, in one of the two main streets.
All right, it could have been late at night, but LT is busy all night long.

There were several attacks recently, some very brutal, on young women on their way home at night (near the BTA intersection at the southern end of town).

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Justice Done

They have the suspects in custody, so it is somehow reassuring.

Not really.
Experience shows that even if they are taken to Saman? (court) they are usually back in the streets of LT the same day.

donP