Special Events in Santo Domingo

GForce209

Jan 1, 2002
I am going to be with a group of graduate students in Santo Domingo from the 18-27 (Jan). And although we will be doing volunteer work during the day we are looking for things to do at night. Are there any special events going on at that time? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Head for the Colonial City at night. The area near the Plaza de Espa?a is for people watching with a view of the Alcazar (from where the discovery of the rest of the Americas was planned) and the Columbus Lighthouse. There, check out Pate Palo and Rita's Cafe. Caribbean Blue, on Hostos, off Calle El Conde, also in the Colonial City, has a very "in" second floor bar for late hour mingling.

Check back with dr1. We will be updating the Calendar page with different events as they become available. For live merengue band dancing, there is always Mondays at Jet Set Discotheque.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
You might want to check out Casa Teresa, Casa Rosado, or Casa de modelas. Especially if you are with a group of guys and want some action.

GForce209

Jan 1, 2002
Long gone

I posted that message several years ago, i don't know why it popped up again with a recent reponse of "error, error, error.