ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
How would the situation be handled if 2 people wanted the same log in name, but different capitalization. For instance, I prefer to use this capitalization --- ArJay . Suppose someone wanted the login name --- arjay , all lower case.

The reason I ask is because I think that happened to me on another board. I think name checking without regard to capitalization would be prefered.

Alternatively I could ask that I be granted the all lower case version as well.

ArJay

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Double or more Log ins per computer?

As others (including yourself Rob) have said, it will taks a little getting used to - but I CAN see the advantages. I DO prefer the old format as one could see ALL posts simply, & respond to those that appealed rather than having to skip from Forum to Forum. I am also concerned than the title of THIS forum "Gossip" might be a little confusing to "NEW" visitors & therefore they might not visit it as early in their viewing relationship as would be adviseable to them.

Question - My spouse wishes to use this computer under her own name (B***!y independent woman that she is!!) & therefor wishes her own user name. She tried to log in but the message that this computer already has a 'Log in' name comes up. CAN WE OVER-RIDE THIS?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
On the front page of the message board at the bottom is a link titled "Clear Cookies" If she clicks on this she can register her own name. This should clear the last cookie the board dumped on your machine. Also in your profile you can set it so your PC never receives a cookie from the message board. The down side is that you will need to always put in your user/password when you post, plus it doesn't hightlight new posts etc.

If you have any problems let me know.