Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tenant rights:

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of these guys are real hardcore, hard head cases, used to getting their way screwing over renters.

You have to play hardball right from the start so they understand you're not a victim and the price tag for screwing with you will be too high.

There are ways to sabotage appliances so that they don't fail until after a week or so after you've left.

PM me if this jerk escalates the problem.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marcion View Post
    With no water it's hard to use the bathroom.

Urinate and defecate in a bag and drop it on his porch or drivers side door of his car. You don't necessarily have to seal the bag, let the fun leak out.
    I am not an expert but I'm pretty sure that would get you shot here. Maimed or decapitated at best. But serious injury would be involved. If you do it next week your statistics could be included in the death pool if the moderator deems it accidental.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    I am not an expert but I'm pretty sure that would get you shot here. Maimed or decapitated at best. But serious injury would be involved. If you do it next week your statistics could be included in the death pool if the moderator deems it accidental.
    At 6'3 270 I usually make it through the day without a problem. Just giving practical advice to others.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

At 6'3 270 I usually make it through the day without a problem.
    But your username still catches me out, I always have to squint to be sure.

5. Likes Peterj liked this post
    *** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HUG View Post
    But your username still catches me out, I always have to squint to be sure.
    In person, you won't need to squint too much, my fren. Consider me your personal solar eclipse.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

At 6'3 270 I usually make it through the day without a problem. Just giving practical advice to others.
    In my past life I had the unfortunate experience of having to attend a corners inquest to verify the slugs that killed a 6'6" man that weighed just south of 300 lbs where what I sold to that police department.
    Most guys your size could probably survive this type of shooting. Im just not sure why you would put yourself in harms way when there are so many options to choose from.
    9mm or in my case .40 cal bullets will stop just about everyone. Looking the other way or just moving on to live another 30 or 40 years seems to make more sense than proving yourself to some Dominican ahole landlord.

8. Likes Peterj, HUG liked this post
    *** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    In my past life I had the unfortunate experience of having to attend a corners inquest to verify the slugs that killed a 6'6" man that weighed just south of 300 lbs where what I sold to that police department.
    Most guys your size could probably survive this type of shooting. Im just not sure why you would put yourself in harms way when there are so many options to choose from.
    9mm or in my case .40 cal bullets will stop just about everyone. Looking the other way or just moving on to live another 30 or 40 years seems to make more sense than proving yourself to some Dominican ahole landlord.
    Who refused to fix the water, who escalated the problem, who decided to take things to a new level?

Try living with no running water as the landlord keeps saying 'manana' week after week.

As a gringo that enjoys the inherent benefits of white privilege I have limits. YMMV.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

As a gringo that enjoys the inherent benefits of white privilege I have limits. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

All I was trying to say is living a good long life is better than taking a head shot just because you need to be right in the heat of a moment.
    There are hundreds if not thousands of decent rental properties on this island.
    I get as pi***d off as the next guy but I am not going to risk my life just to prove a point.
    I am not nor will I ever be a landlord but if you left a bag of pooh poo on my car it wouldn't turn out good.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Life is interesting in that actions beget reactions.

People that abuse other people are, ultimately, asking for help in unintended ways.

And it wouldn't be the first time we invaded this country over bad manners, would it?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You are obviously very proud of your size for whatever reason, but I would guess you need a little education on how to get things accomplished in DR. Taking anything to a personal level in DR when money is involved is very silly. Especially over a rental contract when he is within his rights all the way on this, the system will back him completely.

Schoolboy halloween trick or treat tactics are not required in this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast