Rental Properties in Boca Chica

paul

Jan 1, 2002
www.angelfire.com
I posted this in the Travel Forum too- but perhaps it is best asked here since i am actually looking for dual purpose rental- for a business storefront with perhaps attached personal residence-

Just returned from a trip to Boca Chica and will plan to return for business purposes- was wondering how to locate /negotiate a month to month type rental in that area - The Santo Domingo paper seems to have some- but there must be a better way- a travel agent or rental agency that could help to locate commercial and residential properties for rent??? any suggestions would be helpful as i prefer to have an idea of outcome and prices before i attempt to get too involved - thanks

frederic

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
So you are looking for an idea on how to do business in Boca Chica by remote control.

You are taking a high risk and will probably end up paying much more for what you want than otherwise. My suggestion to you is that you come back some time and dedicate some time looking out for your own interests. No broker, lawyer, tour operator or any friend you might have met there will do it better than you. And the money you will probably save will pay for your trip!

There are still some houses left there with store front potential, but no store. Since there are no real estate zoning rules, you might try renting for a year or more (so you get the best possible price) and make sure your contract does not forbid you from using the house front as a store. Make sure YOU have a lawyer to help you check things out. And DO bargain the price, and after you are finished, start bargaining again...people there will ask for several times the price they are willing to accept, not just a mere 10% - 20%, that one reason the price range is so wide there.

And don't deal through intermediaries. Boca Chica is full of wolves disguised as sheep. I know the place very well, since I not only have been going there for over 40 years, but I have a condo there and am associated to a hotel there (Boca Chica Resort).

It's a great place for business, there are a lot of stories of how well some people have done there; but there are also a lot of people who have lost a lot renting or buyinf from someone who is not even related to the real owner of some property.

So again, be carefull and come back.

Good Luck.

paul

Jan 1, 2002
www.angelfire.com
Thanks

Thanks for the advice and thank you for the invitation to return- i am about of the mind you mentioned just looking for my own place with the instict i have- but also appreciate your admonishment to find a good lawyer to help- as i did hear about the troubles of not having a rental agreement in spanish as a minimum- any recomendations as to attorney?? Thanks- i have some recomendations in this regard as to negatives- and people who have offered to introduce me to attorneys- seems like there is a WIDE variety of qualifications. thanks again and hope to be back SOON....BUT really have no idea of where to begin to look for properties for rent - is there a central listing - other than the Santo Domingo paper which has some boca chica stuff- like a rental agency or whatever thanks

Last edited:

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lawyer

Might want to check out Fabio Guzman. He is the moderator of the Legal Forum. Seems to have a good rep...

Cyber Park

Jan 2, 2002
mywebpage.netscape.com
investment on properties in the Cyber Park

if you wish to develop a considerable business in the Boca Chica area, visit us at the Cyber Park of Santo Domingo www.pcsd.com.do , located next to the Airport.
We can offer a wide range of investment types: industrial, service, call center, hotel, villas, golf and employment in the Park.

The Joker

Jan 12, 2002
www.jcfdata.com
Rental and services

There is little posted about rental properties in the papers or on the net, unless it is very high rent properties.

I would use the services of a lawyer (I know may get flamed for this) but if you talk to some of the people here they can recomend a good lawyer that they have used in the past.

The lawyer will look out for your intrests (the good ones) but of course you do have to pay for this service, and often they get a cut of the monthy rent!

Every property I have rented here, however was thru word of mouth and searching, most people post that "For Rent" sign on the property and that is it, other than of course the very good grapevine here.

Try an associate yourself with somone that lives here, or is a very frequest traveler they will be able to provide help or point you in the right direction.

The one thing I do stress is that you do have a lawyer draw up the rental contract, andif you do not read Spanish fluently have it "OFFICALY" translated. IT will save you alot of hassel later!

Jim from http://www.bocachicabeach.net has alot of contacts and knows many people here.

Robert from DR1 [right here :)] can most often give you somone to contact, or additional information. Check the Archives too!

James Fleming