What documents i send to the dominican consulate in Toronto

LaVida4me

Mar 14, 2015
i almost have my documents ready to send to the dominican consulat in toronto just waiting of my criminal check, here are some question i need to be answered before i send them my original documents,

#1- do i send with my documents my passport also???
#2- or do i copy my whole passport each page and send that instead my passport,
#3- i know i have to translate my documents in Spanish, i know the consulate will do that and they will charge me for that ( and how much?? )
#4- after i send my documents to the consulate, how i get my documents back
a)- do they send them back to me??
b)- or do i have to pick them up my self??
#5- because i live in Vancouver so that would be a 6 hour flight,
#6- wenn i send my documents do i have to ask or tell them that i apply for residency, so they know??
#7- can i let them translate my documents here in Vancouver before i would send them to the consulate?? to safe some cash??
#8- do you know a lawyer here in vancouver who can help me with this matter to translate my documents??

thank you, any help in this matter would be great appreciated, Herb

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You send them a pre-paid priority post , addressed to yourself along with a money order in $us and they'll send everything back to you. Contact them by e-mail. They are very quick an helpful. 3-5 business days for most services, next day for some.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
i almost have my documents ready to send to the dominican consulat in toronto just waiting of my criminal check, here are some question i need to be answered before i send them my original documents,

#1- do i send with my documents my passport also???
#2- or do i copy my whole passport each page and send that instead my passport,
#3- i know i have to translate my documents in Spanish, i know the consulate will do that and they will charge me for that ( and how much?? )
#4- after i send my documents to the consulate, how i get my documents back
a)- do they send them back to me??
b)- or do i have to pick them up my self??
#5- because i live in Vancouver so that would be a 6 hour flight,
#6- wenn i send my documents do i have to ask or tell them that i apply for residency, so they know??
#7- can i let them translate my documents here in Vancouver before i would send them to the consulate?? to safe some cash??
#8- do you know a lawyer here in vancouver who can help me with this matter to translate my documents??

thank you, any help in this matter would be great appreciated, Herb

For god sake have you heard of a telephone? Pick it up and call the consulate. They will give you fees. You will need to send them payment at the same time or they will not process your paperwork.

LaVida4me

Mar 14, 2015
i did not know that i make some ppl upset ( LTSteve) (For god sake have you heard of a telephone? ) yes i know about a phone and you are very rude even to answer me like that, just because i ask some question about the residency, i was hoping to get some good tips from canadians who did apply for a residency before, thats all

i did not know that i make some ppl upset ( LTSteve) (For god sake have you heard of a telephone? ) yes i know about a phone and you are very rude even to answer me like that, just because i ask some question about the residency, i was hoping to get some good tips from canadians who did apply for a residency before, thats all

It's how we people are on dr1, don't take offense :).

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Google and Telephone

For god sake have you heard of a telephone? Pick it up and call the consulate.

Yeah, but isn't it much easier to have others do your homework? :tired:

{Beware of posters who thank you in advance (for your work).}

donP

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yeah, but isn't it much easier to have others do your homework? :tired:

{Beware of posters who thank you in advance (for your work).}

donP

So why are you or any of us doing on DR1? Grammar correction, having a few laughs at the expense of others? I really need to know. Oh wait I know some are here to talk to themselves.

If you or anyone else does not feel like helping just skip the thread. :devious:

LaVida4me

Mar 14, 2015
Thank you, all i did i had some question they are very important to me because i never did that before, sending my documents
and passport away, for the rest thank you for the pointers you gave me, i appreciated a lot, cheers