http://www.mangofarminvest.com - opinions?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Seems too good to be true...... but who knows ???

Anyway, if anybody on the NC, knows, does or wants to cooperate in fruit selling, I am intrested, on a small scale.
I sell my mangos and avocados to local "vegetable trucks", or more rarely at POP market place...... for peanuts.

So if anyone has any better ideas.......

P.S. i dont have any huge quantaties.........couple of thousand mangos and avocados a year....... with 3 times the number of new trees that will startgiving fruit, next year or the year after......

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Alexander, how much time have you spent in the DR?

This is pure BS.

Just send them the money and walk away because it will be less stressful than watching it disappear.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
there is a fellow here in RD doing a 'sustainable farming' venture... north coast

I know for a fact that Bill & Melinda Gates have visited once
and I suspect they were here again this spring - they were in the area

don't sneeze at these things - they might hold promise

MIGHT - here that?

check it out and decide for yourself
nobody here has much of a chance to advise you unless they too were contacted

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Here are some clues:

Web site does not identify owners

Domain name is registered through a service that hides the owner's name

I have done that with many domains myself, nothing unusual in that. That's it?

You have nothing else on the owners (Romeo Reyes, Michael Schaupp) or the actual investment opportunity?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Speak up. Also disclose any conflicts of interest. You know like are they going to adv. On dr1?

Schauppp - global lifestyles group MLM; same person?

I have ZERO conflicts of interest.

You're bad mouthing an investment without presenting any real facts.

If you have something, post it, if not, keep out the thread.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
First of all, I live in an area in the DR, where people let the mangos fall to the ground, because it is worth less than a day?s work (RD$ 400 -500 / day) to fetch them, I do have to say that these mangotrees are very large so it is not easy to fetch them. Secondly, right now there is a ban recently imposed on fruits grown in the DR by the USA, due to some hygienic problem. Thirdly: normally the trick is with these kind of investment plans to have people invest their money in some kind of right to obtain this or that; you never gonna be the legal owner of a piece of land. When this company goes bankrupt, the land will be confiscated by dubious company's. It sounds a bit like the teak farm investment plans they had about ten years ago in Costa Rica; then they even had investors filmed and put on their website hugging trees, and saying: wow how nice to have a physically touchable investment... in the end they all lost all of their money though, because they only acquired the right to this or that, but never actually owned a piece of land.

So for that reason..... I'm out!

Did you read the actual investment terms?

With the right due diligence and lawyer, land rights should not be an issue.

As I have posted in this thread, I know people that have made a fortune in the DR selling organic bananas into Europe, also investors in organic cacao.

Does anyone have anything other than opinions and brain farts in regards to mangofarminvest.com?

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Robert, please post something that would indicate that this MLM pyramid is a good investment. Without comparing mangos to bananas. :) you know, those facts you demand.

The majority of MLM schemes cannot pass the 30-70 test where more than 30% income of members is from sales to nonmembers. Do you know that to be the case? Are you also contributing brain farts?

You probably didn't notice that the poster asked for opinions. Do you think that he asked for only yours or others who agree with you!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Organic mangos banned because of medfly infestations. Medflies are organic aren't they?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert, please post something that would indicate that this MLM pyramid is a good investment. Without comparing mangos to bananas. :) you know, those facts you demand.

The majority of MLM schemes cannot pass the 30-70 test where more than 30% income of members is from sales to nonmembers. Do you know that to be the case? Are you also contributing brain farts?

You probably didn't notice that the poster asked for opinions. Do you think that he asked for only yours or others who agree with you!

I never mentioned MLM's or said they are a good investment. You are the one babbling on about MLM for some reason.

Trust me, I'm well aware of MLM's and how they work. I did a lot of work for one of the most successful companies (NuSkin) many moons ago.

Is the Mango Farm Invest opportunity an MLM program?

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Thank you for your input

Thanks to all posters.

On my next visit in the area later this year will interview the people and see with my own eyes.

Closed.

Alexander

Cole Harbke

Jun 16, 2015
As a Hawaiian I know that a mango tree doesn't reach any real productivity for at least 10 years. From what they said on their web site these trees aren't even planted yet. The last time I was in the DR we looked at a farm that was going on the market for about 125k US it had 3 full grown mango trees with heavy production. If I were looking for this type of investment I wouldn't go the direction you are looking. I have a hard and fast rule. I do not get into business with anyone I haven't known for at least a year. The rule was born of an event that cost me a great deal of money. It has saved me a great deal of money on several occasions since.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Found this terms and its interesting:

*VILLAS JARDINES REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT S.R.L./ Mango-Farm-Invest does not offer or provide investment advice nor does it engage the sale of securities. VILLAS JARDINES REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT S.R.L./ Mango-Farm-Invest exclusively engages in the sale of real estate to be used in the production of agriculture. The projected agriculture yields are based on current values in the Dominican Republic, as published by various industry sources. Various factors can effect agriculture yields and values including, but not limited to, weather, pests, and plant disease.

Michael973

Jul 1, 2015
I live in the Dominican Republic and have 18,000 mango trees. But Mr. M. Schaupp is no agricultural expert but a forex dealer with high bad correspondence in Google. So for those who want to invest in him their money should now be regarded as lost