Newbie from San Pedro de Macoris

LuisInDR

Mar 28, 2015
Hey guys,

I'v been a long time lurker & finally decided to join up.

I'm originally from the United States born in Pennsylvania. I'v been living in San Pedro de Macoris studying in the Universidad Central del Este (UCE) for a year now working on earning my bachelors in business administration & accounting.

My moms originally from this country so i'm happy to say i was raised & orientated well in the language & customs of this country.

I'm always up for helping my fellow Americans so if you guys need any advice or links to useful resources i'm here to help.

I'm also always willing to meet up with like minded people from back home if anyone wants to grab a coffee or beer :)

Aug 6, 2006
I think he is referring to a post by LuisInDR in which a business selling hair to Dominicanas was proposed.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Hi Luis,
I visited SP de M last year to have a look around in the spirit of looking for the original seaplane airport and history but found nothing of interest.

It's a complicated town with some interesting iron sculpture scattered around but I was unable to get to wander around or get any information.

Maybe you could show me around if I get to visit again?

LuisInDR

Mar 28, 2015
I think he is referring to a post by LuisInDR in which a business selling hair to Dominicanas was proposed.

Yeah probably. Wouldn't be a "restart" though this would just be my official introduction in the appropriate thread.

Hi Luis,
I visited SP de M last year to have a look around in the spirit of looking for the original seaplane airport and history but found nothing of interest.

It's a complicated town with some interesting iron sculpture scattered around but I was unable to get to wander around or get any information.

Maybe you could show me around if I get to visit again?

Original seaplane airport? I never heard of such a thing here.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Yeah probably. Wouldn't be a "restart" though this would just be my official introduction in the appropriate thread.

Original seaplane airport? I never heard of such a thing here.

The flying boat clippers used to land there before Pan Am started to make land runways around the world.There are great photos somewhere.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you are more than welcome. i must thank you, for introducing me to this piece of history. i thought san pedro was a nasty hellhole and to my shock i am finding out that it was a great place,once upon a time.
ECO DEL OZAMA - San Pedro M?s que playas, guloyas y pasteles

some more photos of historic san pedro are here: MILENIO CALIENTE: LEO ESCRIBE…LA CAIDA ECONOMICA DE SAN PEDRO DE MACORIS SE INICIO EN 1944.
SAN PEDRO DE MACOR?S | Fotos antiguas - SkyscraperCity

i think the travel back then must have been a marvelous adventure. with class. no sweaty, drunk, tattooed brits in chancletas but mean in suits and panama hats. ;)

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
San Pedro is not a very nice place. I am not sure why people would choose to live there as it offers nothing.

LuisInDR

Mar 28, 2015

Actually if you check again its been reopened Hlywud.

http://dr1.com/forums/south-coast/149962-opportunities-san-pedro-de-macoris-3.html

Looks like el Jefe re-opened it fellow.
What is up with this new LOCK-EM UP policy?

I guess its because we have a hand full of ignorant members who instead of reading, start judging and hit the report button.

Then you got the Moderators who seem to shoot first then ask questions later.

I know since im new im the one who should be giving the good impression but honestly my interactions with this forum have so far sucked.

Not saying you all are bad.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Then you got the Moderators who seem to shoot first then ask questions later.

I know since im new im the one who should be giving the good impression but honestly my interactions with this forum have so far sucked.

So sorry you feel that way. :ermm: