Road-scraping

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I see that the road between Sosua and Cabarete is being scraped clear at the edges.
I am assuming this is as an alternative to actually fixing the f@cking thing in preparation for Semana Santa??

Its gonna be a particularly dangerous one on the roads this year i think. Especially on the lucky dip of 'Coconut Palms Hill' where the road is so bad you have people driving on the wrong side of the road to miss the pot-trenches :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you mean clearing sides if the road? sometimes they do it to improve visibility and make space for emergency vehicles. they will need it this semana santa.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I have heard from many sources that they are scraping the road in preparation for re-paving which will be all the way from Puerto Plata to Nagua!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The Coconut Palms hill roadway is a death trap for the aggressive, unwary, drunk or just plain Dominican drivers. One positive to the pot holed highways is they encourage drivers to slow down and save a few lives.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I was hoping they would repair the pot holes before samana santa, but there is not time left to do that now. Looks like re-paving the road makes more sense. Hope the asphalt sticks to those areas where the pot holes were fixed with cement. It would be a good idea to make the roads a bit wider for all the motos.

I almost got into an accident near the Coconut Palms hill is because a car going the other direction almost stopped for the holes and the cars rounding the corner did not see the nearly stopped cars in time. One car slammed on his brakes and slid into my lane and I missed him by about a foot...swerving strongly and barely maintaining my tires on my side of the road. I was not going very fast but fast enough to have had a deadly encounter should there have been impact with the car or a tree on my side of the road. Today I drove through there extra slow to the annoyance of the people behind me...

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
with an almost unbelievably bad sense of timing, they seem to have chosen today to finally repair some of the many potholes on the sosua-Cab road!
As if things weren't quite dangerous enough out there, they are now filling random potholes with cement and then letting everyone drive over them moments later.
Coco palms hill is now perhaps the most dangerous place on earth....you have been warned!

with an almost unbelievably bad sense of timing, they seem to have chosen today to finally repair some of the many potholes on the sosua-Cab road!
As if things weren't quite dangerous enough out there, they are now filling random potholes with cement and then letting everyone drive over them moments later.
Coco palms hill is now perhaps the most dangerous place on earth....you have been warned!

Yes as I was driving by today I was thinking of course you would pick today of all days to start the lame patch up job in that area! Unf*cking believable!!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Santo Domingo the same thing yesterday. Rush hour and they are out there fixing potholes. Does not surprise me. Typical Doms at work, he he....

Well, better I shut up, we are welcome to spend our money here but not to criticize "them"... :bunny:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Stupid is as stupid does. Very dangerous location near Coconut Palms. And you don't have to be going 120 MPH drunk in a blinding rainstorm in a Camaro Z28 like a pro ballplayer did recently in exactly that same location. You can just hit a water truck trying to avoid the holes and crossing into your lane.