New Board versus old Problem?

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Rob & Delores: Congratulations on your new DR1, I am very naive to computer programming but I know that a lot of work has went into this! Now for a problem that I forsee.....Please let me know if there is a remedy: Lets say if someone had a legal problem and therefore went to the legal section of the new set-up, and proceeded to write about a problem he had buying Cigars in the North Coast area......Now I know, that I" for one will not, nor can I afford the time to look at all boards(and for those that don't have high speed connections forget it) and follow each and every thread on every board. I believe we'll (the board members)miss something........now if this person posted his problem about cigars on the legal section, and lets say HB (our cigar expert)does not frequent that part of DR1, then the individual will miss out on some valuable info. Also we as individuals might miss out on some good disscussion if we do not follow each and every part, ie: leagal....gossip...travel...ect,ect,. So I know you've spent a lot of time on this, but is it possible to have both types of boards going???? In short, I really miss the simplicity of the old board. This board might in fact be more simple to navigate, I don't know....could some others let me know how everyone else feels, I am not trying to put this new board down....I just feel the other was easier and you could see everything all at once!..PS I'll probably grow to get used to this one......But...does anyone feel the same???

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hi Doug...

If Dolores or myself see any messages that need moving or feel a particular person should reply then we will take the appropriate action.

We tested the split topic theory for a long time with the old business board and it worked. Hence the move to that system here.

It will take a while for the board to find it's feet and I'm sure we will make more changes over the coming weeks.

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it!