place with best exchange rate in DN

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This rate changes from time to time. If you go to Western Union or Caribe Express, they provide a good exchange rate anywhere in the DR.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Western union and the banks have very long lines. I was looking for a 2nd option. There was this guy by Parque indecencia, but his rate went from 44.50 to 44.40 and the banks went up to 44.50. No lines at the guys place but I felt like he was trying to get me for 10 pesos so now I am looking for another option. Because today it's 10 pesos and tomorrow it's something else.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
in DN? Are you meaning DR? The present rate is 44.50 + or -. In my experience banks give as good a rate as anywhere, but some require your passport and the signing of a paper or even 2 at some banks.

Banks generally do not give as good a rate as Western Union or Caribe Express in my experience.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Western union and the banks have very long lines. I was looking for a 2nd option. There was this guy by Parque indecencia, but his rate went from 44.50 to 44.40 and the banks went up to 44.50. No lines at the guys place but I felt like he was trying to get me for 10 pesos so now I am looking for another option. Because today it's 10 pesos and tomorrow it's something else.

did you really mean parque "indecencia"? oh my... we are now punning in Spanish? be really careful if it is just a Guy near the Park.. as in standing out on the street.. as he will be able to take your $100 and somehow give you back change for $50. Banks are always the safest but often have lines, and require a passport.. A real, inside, casa de cambio.. where you see the guy behind the glass and watch him count out the pesos.. that is the way to go. You should get 44.50 from a casa de cambio.