Missing flights EWR to POP?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
A search of UA flights from EWR to POP shows a 'hole' in their schedule:no flights from 9/7 to 10/31.
Can anyone comment on this?

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Nooooo. United has a hub at Newark International. It is probably a software glitch.
Not a software glitch. Keep in mind that United has no interest in providing a consistent reliable product. They are only interested in spending as little as possible to profit as much as possible. Their bean counters have determined that the planes and crews used on that route can be more profitably deployed to other destinations. You will see the flight return when the folks who are willing to pay for premium class seats return. About the time the leaves start turning colors in the northeast.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
exacty Peep2
imo , JET Blue and Delta appear to be more devoted to their Dominican Routes.. and have a very steady and Loyal Clientele.
UA out of EWR NJ does not seem to care (I live in nj and almost always have to travel to JFK ) , and before when they were Continental out of Newark, they cared even LESS about being competitive. their model seemed to be the LEAST amount of Flights, and the Highest Prices for those who for some reason HAVE to fly out of EWR.
ticket prices were often $900- $1,100 when the exact same flight cost about half that out of NY (Jfk) . not bashing United, but they just dont seem to consider the route important unless they can sell premium seats as you said, and just enough to fill ONE plane a day, and not even 7 days a week.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
A search of UA flights from EWR to POP shows a 'hole' in their schedule:no flights from 9/7 to 10/31.

Happens every year. Supply and demand.

But they do fly daily non-stops from Newark to Santiago. $482.00 US during the period you mentioned.
Add in 500 pesos for a cab from STI to CaribeTours or Metro bus station (they are next to each other), and another 180 pesos for bus fare, and your still talking about less than $500 US.
There are always options if your willing to be flexible. (Flying into Santo Domingo is usually even cheaper - United has daily service there 365. Occasionally even two flights a day).

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Some airlines will only allow you to book flights so many months out. Not sure if this is the case. Call them or e-mail them and ask?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Some airlines will only allow you to book flights so many months out. Not sure if this is the case. Call them or e-mail them and ask?

Did that. Agent confirms the 'hole'. Flights can be booked after 10/31, all the way into 2016.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I am watching prices from ewr to pop for June 13-28 the prices I have seen are $721. Easter week, $666. this week. Normally I pay around $525. round trip. What is different is there is a second flight for that day. I normally don't see a second flight.