Noise in LT

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
...and motorcycles' noise, as they are responsible for most of it.
sadly, due to deaf and stupid population who dont know what the silence is and cant live without noise, as it is one of the "proofs" that they are actually alive - it wont be enforced
I live in quiet neighbourhood in quiet building and love it :)
and un-muffled quad noise!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
"B?jale un poquito"

Surely good news if implemented...

Those 'operativos' are announced every once a while... :classic:
The article lists Santo Domingo, San Francisco de Macor?s, Santiago, Nagua and Cabrera, where the 'operativos' have already taken place.
Have they had any long-lasting effect in those places? :cross-eye

"B?jale un poquito" is a joke...

donP

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
The sad fact is that people down here actually enjoy the noise, and are very afraid of silence...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
exatly, as the Silence is good for thinking actually......

you guys are right on the money. people here actually believe that thinking is bad for your health. i am a very pensive person, and i will sit quiet for long periods of time, just contemplating things. i cannot count the number of times when people tell me not to think so much, because it is not good for your health.

the rank and file here cannot understand moments of quiet. they are addicted to noise. kids will just bang on things like paint cans for long periods of time, for absolutely no reason, just to hear noise.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
yes they are...but the kids are just kids, they always love noise cant stand in one place. unless of course it is USA where they are diagnosed with ADHD and drugged ;-)

Dominicans don't care about anyone but themselves. So if they shout, play loud music, bang on things or remove their exhausts for maximum effect, they are living in their private world of 'I'm all right Jack f**k you'.

The problem gets exacerbated in Las Terrenas because the 'french' primarily think it is hip to mimick them and join in the noisy moto and quad frenzy.

The wise expats thus have decided to live in the hills and look down on the confusion in peaceful bliss

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Antisocial Behaviour

The problem gets exacerbated in Las Terrenas because the 'french' primarily think it is hip to mimick them and join in the noisy moto and quad frenzy.

Yes, that and the fact that most of them came here to do everything they could not do in France, Quebec and St. Martin... :mad:

donP

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
i see no corelation between French and what Dominicans do.
Dominicans are just themselves - exactly like you described it.
Dominicans don't care about anyone but themselves. So if they shout, play loud music, bang on things or remove their exhausts for maximum effect, they are living in their private world of 'I'm all right Jack f**k you'.

The wise expats thus have decided to live in the hills and look down on the confusion in peaceful bliss

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
The road heading north from the sushi disco isn't that bad but everything else is unbearably loud. I really want to like LT more but...