at least four deaths in plane accident in punta cana

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Ba32

The aircraft is said to have been a BA32 Jetstream (tailnumber HI957), which is not such a small aircraft.
Flightplan was to Arroyo Barril, Saman?.

53aa3e68-4601-41a0-8524-01da64aa37f4_zpsl0w9pbz3.png

donP

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
RIP to all seven.

Thank goodness it didn't land in any of the houses, this could have been so much worse :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe that was the last effort of the pilot, to avoid buildings. both in order to attempt a fairly safe landing and in order to save lives.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Just got off the phone with my parents in Cocotal. They weren't even aware anything had happened. So thankful no one was hurt on the ground.

Krishna Duddukuri

Feb 6, 2015
Al menos cuatro muertos al estrellarse una aeronave en Punta Cana - DiarioLibre.com

the plane hit the ground at a golf course and exploded. victims are said to be foreigners.
Just coming back from the crash site which is right behind my house in Cocotal. The small plane is into bits and pieces. Bodies burnt beyond recognition and the medical team is trying to collect the pieces of burnt flesh from the area spread all around. The small plane hit a mango tree, i believe while the pilot was trying to make an emergency landing on the golf course. Luckily there is only one house close to the incident and couple of other houses 100 metres away are vacant. Six bodies belong to foreign nationals, only heard about Russians and then the dominican Pilot. I have pictures but very horrific and hard gore. Parts of plane are still stuck on the mango tree. After what i saw, i do not wish this kind of death to even my enemies. May their souls rest in peace.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Emergency Landing

Six bodies belong to foreign nationals, only heard about Russians and then the dominican Pilot. I have pictures but very horrific and hard gore. Parts of plane are still stuck on the mango tree.

It seems that there is still a lot of uncertainty about the nationalities and gender of the deceased.
In a TV report that we just watched also one Russian was mentioned, the other bodies (apart from the Dominican pilot) were beyond recognition.

It was also said, that according to air traffic communication, one engine had caught fire in flight and thus an emergency landing would be attempted.
A previous pilot allegedly had warned that the aircraft was not in a good airworthy condition...

donp

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Some reports have mentioned Russians among the casualties. The one above says 2 Bolivians, 2 Spaniards and 2 British as well as the Dominican pilot.

Krishna Duddukuri

Feb 6, 2015
Some reports have mentioned Russians among the casualties. The one above says 2 Bolivians, 2 Spaniards and 2 British as well as the Dominican pilot.

I can understand that no one is sure about the bodies because they were collection one leg here and one hand there, when i left the
scene, there were guts scattered all over the base of the mango tree with the ribs! They were labelling the victims with numbers. Just one victim was full rest all other victims were all over the place.