Fabio Guzman law team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceberg

Apr 5, 2010
After living here 11 years reading all the wonderful praises of the Guzman law firm and being in so many unpleasant experiences here dealing with shady lawyers. Decided to contact this firm for help. But, am here to tell you even they are not professional enough for me. Heads up DR1s hate to be in a Dominican Jail or have given them my hard earned monies and family being unable to even get a email reply. Service is terrible. Emailed them several occasions and not yet a reply. They must not need money or our business. My opinion seek other legal assistance. Dominicans from my experience only think of today never tomorrow.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I have found also that they do not live up to their reputation.

I think that they do not deliver in customer response.

I think that the reason they are so well thought of is that they have power in the Foreign Ministry and

if your petition is endorsed by them, it is likely to be accepted,

do not know that but their name has a lot of clout...

ditto for the emails.. they do not answer.. they do not put it in writing.

I find them way over priced, there are good lawyers here for not as much. If you are on the NC I can tell you Guido Perdomo is EXCELLENT. He has been our lawyer for 2.5 years and many of my friends use him as well.

Guzmans team ( don't know if it was him or not ) also freaked on my friend who said something kind of similar to you on here but wasn't even as negative. Really unprofessional in my opinion.

Feb 7, 2007
I have a friend who has been dealing with them in several matters, and while they deliver, you need to kick them in the *** to deliver. He would give them 5/10. Non-responsiveness to email from their side has been also a strong complaint I have heard from my friend. My friend's perception is that if you are not a case where they earn 100,000 dollars in fees from, they put you to the bottom of the stack.

Iceberg

Apr 5, 2010
I'm easy to find. contact 8094316690. My issues are simple immigration. Me being here 11 Years straight, 2 Dominican daughters, enough money to sustain a living for life. one would think process handling my case be real simple. I am very professional ( Harleyrock) just not like the others after me be bamboozled with the praises of this establishment when they seek real professional help. Life changing help. I would be devastated event have to depart this country without my children knowing the mother will not allow me to take the kids with her. So, figured be best idea get the best lawyers handle the immigration end of things. Life continue be great. I treat all with respect and want for others what I want for self.

Feb 7, 2007
I'm easy to find. contact 8094316690. My issues are simple immigration. Me being here 11 Years straight, 2 Dominican daughters, enough money to sustain a living for life. one would think process handling my case be real simple. I am very professional ( Harleyrock) just not like the others after me be bamboozled with the praises of this establishment when they seek real professional help. Life changing help. I would be devastated event have to depart this country without my children knowing the mother will not allow me to take the kids with her. So, figured be best idea get the best lawyers handle the immigration end of things. Life continue be great. I treat all with respect and want for others what I want for self.

I would get the Doctora. A Brigadier General, Court Marshall Prosecutor General, well connected, professional, responds to emails, substantially less expensive.

Aug 21, 2007
I have dealt with several attorneys here on the North Coast, including one named on this thread. Currently, I am working with the Guzman team for something not related to immigration/residency issues. I find the Guzman attorneys responsive, knowledgeable, honest, and professional. The reason I chose the Guzman firm over other previously used attorneys was because their charge for the work I needed was less than the quote I received from the other lawyers. Now that I am working with them, I feel very comfortable with their knowledge base and how they are proceeding with my case.

Lindsey

Iceberg

Apr 5, 2010
(Harleyrock) I am man of respect dignity and principles. I Apologize. After re reading your first post had figured I had made mistake but was too late ) I had already posted.

Iceberg

Apr 5, 2010
The last lawyer stole my Rolex pawn my diamond wedding ring and stole my cash daily with withdraw from my ATM card while they conspired to keep me imprisoned for crime did not commit. In the end, paid cash to the so called victim lawyer who put me.in there in order to be released. Was complete nightmare. After being released went to police station report thefts crime of the lawyer handed them the lawyer business card with his name and number on it. Was asked if I knew his whereabouts. Told them at this moment. No I don't. I have just been released from Victoria Prison ten minutes ago. How would I know where this thief is. Was told wasn't anything they could do about my stolen items. I said how about try dialing the contact info on the business card in your hand would be my first suggestion. Needless to say, nothing was done but me taking another LOSS. They sure add up over here if not careful.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
These are my experiences with Guzman

04/21/14
Hola Fabio,
I had sent this request to your Dad on DR1 and he replied to contact you since he's out of the country.

Hola Fabio,
We have communicated about 3 years ago about the custody of my child, a process that I had started but gave up after I experienced the attitudes of the courts here. I went back to Panama in November of 2010 but had to return in 2012 because my daughter's mom was not taking good care of her. In addition the mom allowed her other daughter who was 14 at the time to move in with a man, now this girl is 16 and has already a one year old child.
Since I arrived back my daughter has been living with me and sporadically visits her mom, she prefers to be with me.
The mother is a reborn Christian and spends all day in church, the 3 children she had from a previous relationship all have moved out of the house with the eldest being 19.
Since I'm having a hard time making a living here and therefore are not able to give my daughter the education she deserves I have decided to go back to Europe and want to take my daughter, her mom doesn't want to sign.
I'm going to try to get the custody again of my almost 9 year old.
I have been told to get a "declaracion jurada" signed by witnesses stating that my daughter has been living with me for almost 2 years already and that since she's with me has been flourishing. The school is behind me because they know that I'm dedicated to my daughter and therefore will sign this document. In addition my stepson who's 19 will also sign stating that his mother is failing in the raising of my girl.
My question is how will the courts accept such a document and if this will be in my daughter's favor?
Since she's almost 9 years old how important will weigh her wishes in court to live with me?
What would be the best way to tackle this problem?
Awaiting your soonest reply.
Brgds

Frank
04/29/14
Dear Mr. Recktenwald:

Thank you for your email message. We would be more than willing to assist you in this matter. I apologize for the delay in my response; however, I was in medical leave last week and just returned Today.

Would you please be so kind as to inform me where do you, the child and her mother live so I am able to refer you to our nearest office.

Best regards,

Fabio J. Guzm?n-Salad?n, Esq., MBA
04/29/14
Hola Fabio,
Hope you're feeling better. We all live in Boca Chica but I'd like to know what your personal opinion is about what I wrote you, how are my changes?
Looking forward to your reply.
Brgds
05/01/14
Dear Mr. Recktenwald:

Thank you for your email message. You must first understand that a custody procedure would necessarily involve a judicial procedure before court, thus a simple affidavit would not suffice.

Nevertheless, could you please confirm us if the mother is willing to assign the custody of the child to you or she is not? The custody procedure would depend on the answer to this question.

We kindly await for your reply.

Best regards,

05/01/14
Dear Mr. Guzman,
As mentioned in my first email the mother does not want to sign and therefore I have to start procedures. My question was in your professional opinion what changes do I have to obtain custody based on the information that I sent to you earlier. Plse find below a copy of my first email.
Hola Fabio,
We have communicated about 3 years ago about the custody of my child, a process that I had started but gave up after I experienced the attitudes of the courts here. I went back to Panama in November of 2010 but had to return in 2012 because my daughter's mom was not taking good care of her. In addition the mom allowed her other daughter who was 14 at the time to move in with a man, now this girl is 16 and has already a one year old child.
Since I arrived back my daughter has been living with me and sporadically visits her mom, she prefers to be with me.
The mother is a reborn Christian and spends all day in church, the 3 children she had from a previous relationship all have moved out of the house with the eldest being 19.
Since I'm having a hard time making a living here and therefore are not able to give my daughter the education she deserves I have decided to go back to Europe and want to take my daughter, her mom doesn't want to sign.
I'm going to try to get the custody again of my almost 9 year old.
I have been told to get a "declaracion jurada" signed by witnesses stating that my daughter has been living with me for almost 2 years already and that since she's with me has been flourishing. The school is behind me because they know that I'm dedicated to my daughter and therefore will sign this document. In addition my stepson who's 19 will also sign stating that his mother is failing in the raising of my girl.
My question is how will the courts accept such a document and if this will be in my daughter's favor?
Since she's almost 9 years old how important will weigh her wishes in court to live with me?
What would be the best way to tackle this problem?

Awaiting your soonest reply.
Brgds
Frank J. Recktenwald
05/03/14
Dear Mr. Recktenwald:

Considering her track record as a drug user it would be possible to obtain custody over the child, as long as we can prove this in court.

Best regards,

My questions were never answered and it was stated that the mother has a track record as a drug user, WTF?
Needless to say I preferred not to use them

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
The Guzman does have pretty female attorneys :)

If I need a lawyer I actually always go to the office and explain the whole deal. I dont like to explain legal problems via telephone and/or email.. Maybe stop by the office?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Any company that wishes to conduct business with Gringos, needs to provide a minimum level of acceptable Gringo service. If they choose not to do so, then it won't come as a surprise when that portion of their business chooses to go elsewhere. Now that Guzman has been told outright that in some cases, their service level is lacking, they will either choose to address this or not. As always, we Gringos vote with our feet and our dollars.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Iceberg, I apologize for the bad service you have received.

I'd appreciate it if you send me an email (fguzman@drlawyer.com) indicating the attorney who did not answer your request. Our policy is to answer emails within 24 hours, except on weekends; associates who do not comply are reprimanded and, if recurrent, fired.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Mr. Recktenwald, my son should never have answered your request for a specific consultation by email. I apologize for that.

You should never expect to get a proper consultation without establishing an attorney-client relationship or, in case of a free consultation, without setting up an appointment with the lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.