Boarding schools

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
I am in need of an affordable boarding school for my stepson.He is 14 and lived in US for 3 years,unfortunately
he became addicted to gaming and school went to Hades. This addiction is right up there with crack,
I had to call DCS, police, and went to weekly visits w/psyc. Had to repeat grades 5,6 in US and is now
having to repeat 7 in the DR.He really needs a boarding school,the one in LaVaga only takes kids with
chemical additions.
Any help with schools would be great. The rest of your not so wise ass and sophomoric comments,please save
for your last rights.

Any helpful info, please PM me.
Joe

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am in need of an affordable boarding school for my stepson.He is 14 and lived in US for 3 years,unfortunately
he became addicted to gaming and school went to Hades. This addiction is right up there with crack,
I had to call DCS, police, and went to weekly visits w/psyc. Had to repeat grades 5,6 in US and is now
having to repeat 7 in the DR.He really needs a boarding school,the one in LaVaga only takes kids with
chemical additions.
Any help with schools would be great. The rest of your not so wise ass and sophomoric comments,please save
for your last rights.

Any helpful info, please PM me.
Joe

you might consider the ehglish speaking caribbean. those islands have a fine tradition of high level boarding schools. i am not aware of any good boarding schools in the DR.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
One of the schools in Jarabacoa is a boarding school - it is religious but it's not the notorious Escuela Caribe of "Jesus Land" fame.

Jarabacoa-based poster Bob Saunders may have more information.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
One of the schools in Jarabacoa is a boarding school - it is religious but it's not the notorious Escuela Caribe of "Jesus Land" fame.

Jarabacoa-based poster Bob Saunders may have more information.

i am familiar with the operation, and am on friendly terms with the guys who run the thing. it is basically intended to reform kids who are having difficulty with behavior issues. it has religious content, but i cannot say how far that aspect goes. maybe if the OP is trying to set a child straight, this might be the place. there are kids there from the USA, and some from Europe.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
get some one to home school em....or send em to local high school...
gaming u mean joystick riding???

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
i am familiar with the operation, and am on friendly terms with the
guys who run the thing. it is basically intended to reform kids who are having difficulty with behavior issues.
it has religious content, but i cannot say how far that aspect goes. maybe if the OP is trying to set
a child straight, this might be the place. there are kids there from the USA, and some from Europe.

Gorgon, do you have a name of school or way to contact the school. My wife has to set something up soon,or
she will have problems returning to US with her greencard. The kid has behavior problems and really needs a structured
environment.
PM me with any info you might acquire.
Thanks, Joe.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
sorry dont think there is a school in dr...but i have heard of putting a kid with locals(family of friends) who watched that kid for two years....cried every other weekend when talking to parents... ended up doing well going to college. and got a good job.... a trained pro...
there was trouble in n.y. and father pounced the kid in airport parking lot...told the kid to call cops....left the 14yr old there for 2 years....came back and finished h.s. respected, good kid...:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Gorgon, do you have a name of school or way to contact the school. My wife has to set something up soon,or
she will have problems returning to US with her greencard. The kid has behavior problems and really needs a structured
environment.
PM me with any info you might acquire.
Thanks, Joe.

i will pm you with the name and number of the administrator.