Haitians poison Yaque del Norte River

centinela

Jul 22, 2013
I can not c comprehend why of the hundreds os NGOs working in Haiti and in the Dominican Republic, none of them are teaching the Haitians not to cut the trees for making wood charcoal, why with all the money coming to Haiti it's goverment don't use it to give them natural gas?? Now that their Forrest's are depleted, the Haitians are coming to DR to destroy DR ancient forests and fauna.
It's being 5 years since the earthquake I do t see plan to use sustainable energy for their cooking and living, instead more and more they come to burn our forests.

BARAHONA: Medio Ambiente apresa a 10 haitianos quemaban cuenca de r?o | AlMomento.net

centinela

Jul 22, 2013
The NGOs Helping the Haitians in DR instead of twisting Dominican arms to change DR ways, should concentrate to empower the Haitians to go back to their country and restore it, to learn to protect not only their own ecology but the Whole island, if this destruction of the forests, destruction of the natural water system by poisoning the rivers and oceans, And the use of wrong size kind of fishing nets Haitians are using killing baby fish, will be the downfall of the Island.
Well... I think some would like to see DR have the same luck of Haiti, after all is not fair that the DR is a green country and Haiti is almost not, right?

El Caribe ? La industria de carb?n destruye la frontera

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The NGOs Helping the Haitians in DR instead of twisting Dominican arms to change DR ways, should concentrate to empower the Haitians to go back to their country and restore it, to learn to protect not only their own ecology but the Whole island, if this destruction of the forests, destruction of the natural water system by poisoning the rivers and oceans, And the use of wrong size kind of fishing nets Haitians are using killing baby fish, will be the downfall of the Island.
Well... I think some would like to see DR have the same luck of Haiti, after all is not fair that the DR is a green country and Haiti is almost not, right?

El Caribe ? La industria de carb?n destruye la frontera

i take it you are ignoring my posting..

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
As long as the Dominican Republic is not willing or able to enforce their laws on their territory it will go on. Its not only the Haitian who do as they won't, more or less nobody in this country accept rules or laws because the government are not able to enforce it. After 10 years in this country I cannot see anything get better, only worse. Thats is and will be in the future, like it or not

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Of course Dominicans are not cutting down trees, making coal, poisoning rivers or polluting. They also always assume responsibility for any wrong doing and never accuse anyone without irrefutable proof...

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Poisoning rivers, hijacking truckers, burning flags, attacking consulates, shooting UN peacekeepers and flooding the border with social service stealing grifters.

Sounds like an act of war to me.

Give me a few companies of men to "maintain order" along the border without oppressive oversight and I guarantee we'll get that situation ironed out.

Aug 6, 2006
When you think about it, trees are more sustainable than natural gas.

But only if the right kind of trees are replanted: something that grows fast. What are the trees they grow in Brazil
for newsprint?

It would probably be better to use gas now, though.

Poisoning fish can't be wise. Whatever kills the fish will then be in the fish and likely to be a danger to those eating the fish.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
again, you should not throw accusations around without any proof: Z 101
No se sabes si la muerte de estos peces se debe a la gran cantidad de "salgasas" que est?n llenando la costa en Boca de Yuma o por los qu?micos liberados de una planta de tratamiento en la zona de "Las siete lagunas", de Hig?ey, que tiene m?s de 16 a?os fuera de servicio.

centinela

Jul 22, 2013
This is one of the reasons DR is been demonized....some societies are born with innate unchangeable mode of behaviors...

Martelli sobando el trasero de uno de sus espectadores. Que se podria esperar de ese porqueria.
https://youtu.be/edFYxjRtD9c

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't you think that the DR could stop the Haitians from making charcoal?????
Yes, but then where would the dominicans get the charcoal they burn??????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

centinela

Jul 22, 2013
Scary....
Deforestation from Haiti moving along the border to Dominican Republic side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation_in_Haiti

This is really concerning.....the fast speed of the depredation of Dominican forest in just 2 decades when haitians started the exodus to DR. If this continues its going to be worst for Hait, two rivers will be dry out. So far I hear no international community and pro-Haitans in THE proactive role OF TEACHING THEM TO TRIM THE TREES AND USE THE CLIPPINGS NOT TO KILL THE WHOLE TREE......but why would they do that? they always will blame Dominicans...Bad Bad Dominicans always forcing Haitians to do bad and detrimental things, no Haitians are never responsible of their own actions, its always those Bad, very bad Dominicans..Bad Dominicans.
Scary...Ive NEVER SEEN SUCH DEVASTATION IN OUR ONCE GREEN LAND.

Testing a Mars prototype robot in the Atacama, hemophilia research in Mexico, and obesity and diabetes in Latin America. | LatinAmericanScience.org

Last edited: