Santo Domingo to Santiago CHEAP guaguas...

dajjorg

Sep 29, 2014
Hey all,

Are there are any non-tourist style buses that go from SD to Santiago? I know there is Metro and Caribe tours, but what about cheaper Expresos or Calientes? If so then where do they depart from and what's the difference in fares?...

-DJ
Hato Mayor del Rey

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Transporte Espinal goes from the Duarte to Santiago. Same more or less as Metro and Caribe and I think 30 pesos cheaper.

Inicio

Matilda

SkyBlues

Apr 8, 2011
Transporte Espinal is cheaper at 260 pesos. I like it because you can get off anywhere on the route once you get to either city. Google map it for station info.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Transporte Espinal is cheaper at 260 pesos. I like it because you can get off anywhere on the route once you get to either city. Google map it for station info.

And takes how long? Good thing of metro and caribe tours is that no one gets off or on between Origen and destination

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
I was on Espinal the other day and found out that they have speed limiters fitted now. They can only do 95kph. We were overtaken by Aetra.
Anyone know about Aetra terminal in Santo Domingo? I have taken Metro and Caribe Tours but they are always full up and I end up waiting up to 2 hours for the next bus.
Espinal leaves within minutes of me getting there.

SkyBlues

Apr 8, 2011
And takes how long? Good thing of metro and caribe tours is that no one gets off or on between Origen and destination

Travelled in all 3 and the time difference was negligible. People getting off were very efficient, couldn't believe it myself. They also leave every 20 mins so missing one is no big deal.