Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 yr old with Cancer needs your help!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by web View Post
    I saw Diosa Andrea and her mom in front of Merengue Bar last night. I approached her after reading the thread on here yesterday. The mom told me nothing was scheduled or being done to help out the little girl. The little girl is so cute and active and her condition looks bad. So not sure what is going on? Does anyone have any updates? I have her number if anyone wants it they can PM me.
    The mother is extremely suspicious of people taking her child away bc of what certain gringos have been saying and past experiences.
    So yes things are happening but not much can be said at this time bc of patient privacy.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody understands patient privacy concerns. But this is a little girl with cancer in her face. What's the deal with privacy?
    I have not heard the Mother be concerned about privacy. How are people supposed to feel comfortable donating? Chemo has already been mentioned at the GoFundMe listing, so are the 8
    treatments the Chemo?

Like Web, I have also gotten conflicting reports. The mother knows nothing about a Dr in Santiago. Is there a Dr in Santiago that is going to
    help? I understand information can get scrambled in a case like this, but we need some clarifications. We're being asked to donate.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I understand that people want to know what is going on if they are wanted to donate.
    The mom is being difficult with things and I guess is still telling a lot of stories...

My good friend has been going every 3 days to their house and getting food for the whole family and of course for Andrea as well as vitamins in hopes of getting her stronger.

My good friend is going with Andrea and her mom on the Bus to Santiago kids Hosp May 25th, then the following Thursday and 7 Thursdays after that.

Andrea has only been able to eat baby food, so hopefully this treatment she will be able to eat chewable food.

My friend will try and get all the information she can when in Santiago with the Dr and update pictures with Andrea and the Dr's etc...

4. Likes keepcoming, Africaida, Irie liked this post
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Any update to this sad situation?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Any updates please???

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I just spoke with the mom. She says no one is helping her at appointments with money and that there are no regular Thursday appointments happening. She does have a couple appointments that are coming up soon, but she says there is no one going with her to help.

Could your friends come on dr1 and explain what's going on?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Sure seems to be a discrepancy between stories here.
    Exactly, but I also realize how stories can get mixed up. So some updates/details are in order.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

This hit my Facebook page today, photos of the girl and her mom, along with her story.

Keep Andrea Smiling by Lynn Nugent - GoFundMe

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    She's at $4490 this morning, let's see if sharing on FB helps.
    Certainly can't hurt - if we all share it on Facebook we might make a difference.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

11. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Certainly can't hurt - if we all share it on Facebook we might make a difference.
    Did the 8 weeks of treatment (chemo?) actually get started? The mother is saying no. Can somebody explain that one away? Is there someone on the ground helping her get the funds she needs? What funds have been disbursed thus far? If somebody can provide some answers, than great - I'm all in.
    Last edited by ctrob; 06-07-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast