Best seafood in Santo Domingo

joselowe

May 5, 2015
Sorry for my abundance of threads but I'm too excited about my upcoming trip. I'm gonna be in SD and want to know who has the best seafood? I love crabs, shrimp, fish, muscles and scallops.. Also lobster

This my first time and I want a place that has great seafood and is very clean and sanitary. Any suggestions?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Also lobster

?

This big? All this seafood WILL keep your libido up!!!!!:p
lobster-king-1024x941.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
................ I'm gonna be in SD and want to know who has the best seafood? I love crabs, shrimp, fish, muscles and scallops.. Also lobster............

I can tell you are very excited but don't be blind and dumb like I was and am. You would think an island surrounded by water would have fresh seafood falling off the trees. Bro, ain't so here. I am in SD and have seen "fresh" fish being sold by the floating bridge but when I look at the water I think the fish came out of I know my Americano stomach would not survive eating that.

Mussels? Lobster? Save your money and go NE USA.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
I have always liked Boca Marina. Its in Boca Chica. Its the only thing I like about Boca Chica. I don't even eat seafood but I like the location and I like non-seafood dishes. Its a great evening with friends and family that do like seafood. It's on the coast just east of the Hamaca hotel.

BKFRANK

May 8, 2015
Neptuno's and Boca Marina are nice settings, but the food really is mediocre at both places. In Santo Domingo, the same goes for Adrian Tropical and D'Luis Parrillada. In my experience, the best seafood is on the beach at Boca Chica, at a place called "D'Nancy." Whether fried, or grilled, or seafood pasta, the food is really fantastic. One place in particular, a couple of businesses east from "Millioare's Club," has the best service. It's run by an older guy named Cheriff, or Jerry. I've only eaten there during the day, on the beach. But D'Nancy is open at night, and has regular restaurant seating too.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Sorry for my abundance of threads but I'm too excited about my upcoming trip. I'm gonna be in SD and want to know who has the best seafood? I love crabs, shrimp, fish, muscles and scallops.. Also lobster

This my first time and I want a place that has great seafood and is very clean and sanitary. Any suggestions?

La Capital isn't my town, but judging by the responses to your question, I'd have to say that the seafood sucks there and I know that can't be the case. Off the autopista (highway) between SDQ and BC, there's always guys selling fresh lobster and crab. As far as restaurant's go, If it's true what posters are saying, Head over to the North coast. Pictures I've posted are from Cabarete. Seafood is all over and no problem to find if you look for it!

105z0bn.jpg

vcqufd.jpg

sfi6vb.jpg

ohr50p.jpg

15ovszk.jpg

Jan 9, 2004

Scallops? I have never seen them offered.

Lobster....Well they offer lobster....but perhaps not the kind you are thinking of.

Caribbean lobster versus New England lobster are night and day. The stuff in the Caribbean is better suited as cat food.

Best seafood for variety and freshness in the Capital is found at Sully's.
http://www.restaurantsully.com/

Other notable stops are Meson De la Cava, and El Conuco (tourist experience...but after all that is what you will be).

http://elmesondelacava.com/elmesoneng/

http://www.elconuco.com.do/

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
My votes would be Maimon - but long way from the capital. Top of the list would be Los Patos and San Rafael beaches in Barahona. Closish to the capital would be El Pescador on the beach in Guayacanes.

Matilda

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sully's',, and nothing else!!!!!!!!!!
"Calamari" to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just NEVER order "Spiney Lobster", anywhere!!!!!!!

Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Jan 9, 2004
Man, you guys are going crazy. The guy said he's going to be in Santo Domingo, not doing a tour of the country.

Dude, these are the five best seafood places in Santo Domingo, according to Tripadvisor:

5 Best Seafood Restaurants in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic on TripAdvisor - Compare 6 Seafood Restaurants with 41 Reviews

Sully's is not even in the top 5!

Note to self...Tripadvisor and/or its writers knows nothing about seafood restaurants in Santo Domingo.

What an insult to Sully's. They might as well of added McDonald's and their filet-o-fish sandwich to the list.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In my humble opinion,after 30 years eating in SD, "SULLY'S" has the best seafood in town!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30 years ago,"Meson de la Cava" was a great place to eat, Great food, and fair prices. Now it is a tourist trap.
When you see 2 or 3 huge buses out font, keep driving!!!
"Vesuvio's" was also great, both of them. Now the Tiradentes one is closed, and the Malecon one is mostly deserted.
For good reason!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC