SDQ guagua to Santo Domingo city

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Occasionally I have seen them in the past but today there were two guaguas waiting on the south end of departures level with a sign in the window clearly stating STO DGO.

I asked the driver if the guagua did indeed go to Santo Domingo and he replied yes. I asked the price but it was quite obvious to him I am not a local plus I had luggage so I think his brain went into gringo pricing. He said it was 200 pesos to Santo Domingo.

Does anyone have the actual facts about the SDQ guagua as it may be a viable option for some.

As most guaguas do they sit at the starting point and don't move until the guagua is packed with passengers.

Aug 6, 2006
The usual fare is 60 pesos from SD to the entrance to SDQ. On a couple of occasions, the guagua took me right to the upper deck of the SDQ airport along with several other passengers.

200 pesos may be too much from one standpoint, but it is certainly a good deal compared with a taxi or even a taxi to the highway and a guagua on into SD.

Guagua drivers are paid on a per passenger basis. This means that many times they want to fill the guagua. If they know this is possible or likely, they will wait. If they expect to pick up more passengers along the way, they will lewave before all the seats are full. It depends on their experience with that particular time , place and route. I know a guagua driver and we talked about this for an hour or so.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The usual fare is 60 pesos from SD to the entrance to SDQ. On a couple of occasions, the guagua took me right to the upper deck of the SDQ airport along with several other passengers.

200 pesos may be too much from one standpoint, but it is certainly a good deal compared with a taxi or even a taxi to the highway and a guagua on into SD.

Guagua drivers are paid on a per passenger basis. This means that many times they want to fill the guagua. If they know this is possible or likely, they will wait. If they expect to pick up more passengers along the way, they will lewave before all the seats are full. It depends on their experience with that particular time , place and route. I know a guagua driver and we talked about this for an hour or so.

I know the Boca Chica expresso will drop you off at the main highway at the airport for 60 pesos and I also know the Boca Chica Expresso during morning rush hour will make a stop directly at the airport.

But the guaguas I saw today appear as if they are dedicated to going from the airport into the city. It was just the way the driver hesitated when he quoted me the fare. If I were arriving I would have just got on, kept my mouth shut and watched what the person next to me paid.

I have seen them parked there in the past but not with blatant signs in the window saying STO DGO.

Aug 6, 2006
It is not illegal for guaguas to enter the airport and they do not need to pay a toll to go there. There may be enough opposition from the taxi drivers to keep them from going there regularly.
It also might be that they know that most passengers have a lot of luggage. On occasion, they have charged me double for a large suitcase.
I paid, as it is not worth arguing over less than $1.50.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Cheaper is the straight guagua above, but a couple of times I have taken a taxi from airport and had him drop me off at the carretara for 200-300 pesos and then waited for a decent guagua to take me into SD Parque Enriquillo. And the reverse in Guagua from Parque Enriquillo and get off at the carretera entrance to airport then a taxi or motochonco close to airport entrance. This is faster and manageable if you have minimal luggage.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The guaguas I saw today are definitely not geared for a tourist. What tourist hauling luggage would even think to go to the far end of arrival level to look for transportation into the city. The passengers I noticed today looked as if they worked at the airport or just had to conduct some business there. No one had luggage.