Puerto Plata restaurant recommendation

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Tried Portofino for lunch today and the current owners are NYC expats and serve a very good New York style pizza. The medium is a large 8 slice pie.We noted the plato del dia specials are only $135 and looked like hearty servings. It's #6 on Hermanas Mirabel between the court house and the malecon.

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
restaurant

Tried Portofino for lunch today and the current owners are NYC expats and serve a very good New York style pizza. The medium is a large 8 slice pie.We noted the plato del dia specials are only $135 and looked like hearty servings. It's #6 on Hermanas Mirabel between the court house and the malecon.

I tried Portofino once for pizza, and I gave the pizza away to some haitian street kids... it was very bad, I almost felt ashamed to give it to the haitian kids.

The only place to get a decent meal in Puerto Plata is at "Natale & Stefy" near Oceanworld right beside the cabanas

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
My advice for restaurants in Puerto Plata is to leave Puerto Plata. The entire city is a large scale bio-hazard.

For pizza, head to Las Terranas and stop at Pescadoras...wood fired brick pizza oven.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Restaurant of Las Sirenas Supermarket

Self serve buffets and rich choice incl. some seafood.
Reasonable priced.

For seafood:
Head to Maimon (exit to Navarete about 15 Min. drive). Seafood "parada" on the right.

Alexander

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
fuchs4d is right Maimon is the best, the one on your left second from the end, Food is great, service is great and the price is right. Been to Portofino
twice bad each time. Perhaps its just start up issues.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i visited portofino maybe once under the new management. i prefer tarappa.