Now I know why we get such questions from people!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You all know what I mean...those really dumb questions: Can I bring my electric Blower?? Are there stores there? That kind of stuff.

Well, I was surfing the net and lo and behold I found out that this board is not the only one to field really dumb questions.

Funny, but these are from CA1.com (Canada??)

Here are some of the "All Time Dumbest Questions Asked by Banff
Park Tourists," as heard at the information kiosks manned by
Parks Canada staff.

How do the elk know they're supposed to cross at the "Elk Crossing"
signs?

At what elevation does an elk become a moose?

Tourist: "How do you pronounce 'Elk'?"
Park Information Staff: " 'Elk' "
Tourist: "Oh"

Are the bears with collars tame?

Is it okay to keep an open bag of bacon on the picnic table,
or should I store it in my tent?

I saw an animal on the way to Banff today - could you tell me
what it was?

Did I miss the turnoff for Canada?

Which is the way to the Columbia Ricefields?

What's the best way to see Canada in a day?

Do they search you at the B.C. border?

Where can I buy a racoon hat? ALL Canadians own one don't they?

So it's eight kilometres away... is that in miles? We're on the
decibel system you know.

Where can I get my husband really, REALLY, lost??

Is that 2 kilometres by foot or by car?

Don't you Canadians know anything?

HEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!

HB

Canada

Great oratory HB,
but you know many people don't realize how big Canada really is. I had a couple from the UK visit me this year for a month, and they wanted to know what day I was going to take them on a day trip to British Columbia and I live 180 miles(300km) southeast of Toronto Ontario.
Another fact that many do not beleive is that where I live on the north shores of Lake Erie which is further south than San Fransisco California , and our (Check it out on a map.) tempratures can range from -30 C or (-30F) in the Winter to +35 C or(96F) in the summer, I also have seen people cross the border in July at Detroit with snow ski's on their roof rack.

Question asked by Floridians:
Will snowmobiles cross water?
Answer:
Yes! if it is cold enough.

and yes some do live in igloo's and eat whale blubber (but very few)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Just ask...

How many people know the capital of canada? Who is the prime minister of canada? Etc
I bet answer to these questions would put many americans to shame.

Loren

Jan 1, 2002
Re: Just ask...

AZB said:
How many people know the capital of canada? Who is the prime minister of canada? Etc
I bet answer to these questions would put many americans to shame.

?Are you bashing Americans? How many Pakistanis could name the Prime Minister of Canada, or the capital? I bet more Americans could.

J.H.H.

Jan 5, 2002
Hillbilly,
I live in northwest Montana,not to far from Banff anyway mom has worked in the cafes here for years and one question that gets asked at least once a year by some tourist is " how often do you get attacked by indians here"

CJV

Jul 4, 2007
Another fact that many do not beleive is that where I live on the north shores of Lake Erie which is further south than San Fransisco California , and our (Check it out on a map.)

LOL maybe you otta check it out on a map San Fransisco is BELOW the 40th parallel - No where in Canada is!

Frankie

Nov 28, 2006
I am English and we lived in Milwaukee for a while. When I was getting my haircut the woman asked me "where are you from?" I said Britain, she then said "you speak English real good, where did you learn it"!!!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Here in north central Ontario we're over 300 kms south of Edmonton, Alberta yet Edmonton is in 'southern' Alberta while we're considered 'northern' Ontario!
Go figure........

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
It's kinda fun to play with people's ignorance of Canada. I've had people believe that I do in fact live in an Igloo, and that I use a dog sled as my method of transportation. But my all time favorite is telling people I have a pet polar bear. haha.

If you think this is bad, check youtube for "talking to americans" with rick mercer. He goes to american campuses and asks "educated" american opinions of the most rediculous things like "they are trying to ban smoking in operation rooms in Quebec, do you think this is a good thing? - you know quebec surgeons like to loosen up with a bottle of wine and a smoke before operating." and the response will be, well I think it should be up to the patient if the Dr. can smoke.. too funny.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Here in north central Ontario we're over 300 kms south of Edmonton, Alberta yet Edmonton is in 'southern' Alberta while we're considered 'northern' Ontario!
Go figure........

In Boston the North End is west of East Boston, South Boston is east of the South End and the West End is Northeast of the South End.

Canada is somewhere north of all of them.

In Kanchanaburi, Thailand people tell you "Don't go to Suphanburi; they're all thieves there."

The DR is where baseball players come from and it's down there somewhere.

:confused:

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Get out of the PAST and Welcome to the Future

:chinese:
LOL maybe you otta check it out on a map San Fransisco is BELOW the 40th parallel - No where in Canada is!

This post was created in 2002 - Yes, that is 5 (FIVE) Years ago. Need I say it again? - FIVE Years ago!!!

What is the significance of bringing this post up now?

Get out the the past and welcome to the future......:surprised

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
in Key West i was once asked "is this island surrounded by water?" and "do you live here or commute from Miami?",,,,,,,,,,,,,only 180 mile commute...

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I love the one about by foot or by car. I was once asked how far was it from my hotel to the pier. I answered about a mile and a half. The next question...how far is it if we walk? I told them 2 miles!