DR map showing new highways?

DomAm

May 11, 2002
Wondering if anyone knows of an updated DR roadmap, available over the internet, showing newly constructed or planned major highways.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
#7 might be considered new to some

the by-pass at PC and La Romana might be too

if you haven't visited in a few years, there is much to be found as 'new'

DomAm

May 11, 2002
Upon closer inspection, you are right! I was under the impression that it took Google Maps longer to update new highway construction particularly outside of the US.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Want to see something 'extra' ??

Go to Google Earth and zoom in on Cabrera.

Not only is all the photography very recent but the clarity is better than you find other places.

Why? Look in Orchid Bay to the east of town... a Google VP has a house there.
One of the perks, I guess..... up to date images of the barrio.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Not only is all the photography very recent but the clarity is better than you find other places.

You are scaring me now Willie!

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
Previously, someone posted on here a map of all (or most) of the guagua routes in Santo Domingo. I was unable to locate the map again. I should have saved the image. Can someone provide the link. I am mostly certain it was on DR1.

Thanks.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
New bypasses everywhere - newest one is from Haina to Boca Chica area, already completed as far as Santo Domingo/Duarte Hwy.

I went the Sto Dgo bypass a few weeks ago and it only goes until Charles De Gaulle by Villa Mella. I just went on Google maps and it shows the same. I remember it took me almost an hour to get out of that mess near Charles de Gaulle, because it was completely closed for construction and they had a detour though some back alley roads.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I went the Sto Dgo bypass a few weeks ago and it only goes until Charles De Gaulle by Villa Mella. I just went on Google maps and it shows the same. I remember it took me almost an hour to get out of that mess near Charles de Gaulle, because it was completely closed for construction and they had a detour though some back alley roads.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant it went as far as the Duarte Hwy coming from Haina.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Last week I used Google Earth for the first time in a long time. Zeroed in on our house in DR, incredible difference, I could see the car in the driveway, the field of guandules, etc. Amazing.