Hotel Portes 9 Zona Colonial

DominicanSol

Mar 20, 2010
Anyone have any reviews or info on Hotel Portes 9 in Zona Colonial? Looks nice but not much info on the web located at the foot of Calle Las Damas near the ocean.

anarquista

Dec 15, 2004
I stayed there last year - here's my review:

I spent a few days at Hotel Portes 9 (formerly Coco Boutique Hotel?) in January - my room was clean, furniture, linens and everything in the bathroom appeared to be new or at least very well kept. The Queen room contained a wardrobe, small table/set of chairs + extra bed. I was disappointed that the only window looked out onto the wall of a stairway but it wasn't a big deal.

A/C, wifi and cable TV were included and they gave me a couple bottles of water every day. My room was one level up from the lobby and the wifi signal strength was just barely strong enough to reach the front door - other guests had to sit in the lobby to use the Internet. Customer service was great - quick check-in/out, towels replaced regularly, etc. I regret not waking up early enough to try the free breakfast because the reviews were all very positive.

I thought the location was great (between Calle Las Damas and Isabel La Catolica): there's a small park out front (Plaza Pellerano Castro) and Fortaleza Ozama is right around the corner - a great place to begin a walking tour of all the historic sites.

I paid in cash, about $50/night.

They also have a listing on TripAdvisor.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks for the review. As I'm headed to SDQ next month, I ran the advanced search function on DR1. So, it does, in fact, work.
All the reviews seemed favorable, so I booked it at the rate of $62/night.

irwinsoulstar

Jul 10, 2015
Sounds COOL i might check it out i got friends looking to visit SD next yr and do some filming.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk