santo domingo to boca chica

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
There is a guagua that leaves from the parada on Calle Jose Marti near the Colonial Zone that will take you to BC for less that 100 pesos. Take a taxi to the parada. Make sure you get the guagua marked "Directo" on the front.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
What is the best way to get from Santo Domingo to boca chica? We're planning to see a game at baseball city.
gracias.

Do you know your way around Boca Chica? How good is your Spanish? What RonS says is spot on but you would have to get off the Boca Chica Expresso guagua before it actually gets to Boca Chica central, cross the highway and probably get a moto to take you to Baseball City.

If you are going as a small group probably best thing would be to make a deal with a taxi driver. Also coming back from Boca Chica I think the last guagua is around 7 PM, maybe 8.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
What is the best way to get from Santo Domingo to boca chica? We're planning to see a game at baseball city.
gracias.

The academies are out of town and some are as near to BC as the capital in Guerra and over towards San Pedro. You see them as you fly in out or of Las Americas and they are in the countryside away from the town.

Worth deciding which academy you plan to visit and plan accordingly.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The academies are out of town and some are as near to BC as the capital in Guerra and over towards San Pedro. You see them as you fly in out or of Las Americas and they are in the countryside away from the town.

Worth deciding which academy you plan to visit and plan accordingly.

Apologies.....you want the Baseball city which is just off the Autopista opposite entrance into BC. My game is soccer!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Where in the capital?

From the East side of the capital you want to be hunting someone down for RD1500. That, and finding where you are going wojld be a decent price. Chances are if you offer him the chance yo bring you back he will wait, at wost come back. I can pm you a reliable taxi number fof that price if you like, he has family in Boca and so no doubt will visit them while you play ball, or whatever.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hi,
Thanks for the info. What is a reasonable offer for a taxi driver? I speak Spanish and so does my husband.

You can call Apolo Taxi @ (809) 537-0000 and they will give you a price quote from point A to point B.

Depending on where you will be staying in SD you will find taxistas who park on certain streets waiting for a fare. It would be very easy to use one of these drivers to take you to Baseball City and return to pick you up.

What part of SD will you be?

My guess, somewhere around 1,600 pesos should get you a taxi to Baseball City and same price for your return leg (assuming you will be in SD centro).

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I paid 40 dollars from the malecon in sd to the beach in boca chica. Made arrangements for a return trip and he was there as scheduled.

I've used apolo taxi. I thought there quoted rate was high but the taxi was in good condition.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
calling cabs when just bombing around town on RD150 trips is fine. Best talk directly with a driver for slightly longer trips, and 99% of the time he'll go awal from the radio and reduce by 25% or so.