Unreal Deal - Spirit Air 1 R/T Tkt FLL-PUJ plus 7 nights villa stay for $14,273

DomAm

May 11, 2002
changehotel

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you are traveling without baggage, I could see how Spirit might be an OK deal. I have never found a flight on Spirit that I would take.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Flight search today brought up this little gem. Why fly Spirit?

Fly Spirit to stop the American Airlines mafia system from receiving any more money. I am boycotting AA due to gangsterlike pricing and policies and will now fly any airline, except for AA. I have been ripped off one too many times.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Fly Spirit to stop the American Airlines mafia system from receiving any more money. I am boycotting AA due to gangsterlike pricing and policies and will now fly any airline, except for AA. I have been ripped off one too many times.

Hope it works. .they have rip off pricing from POP to south florida as they are only option

DomAm

May 11, 2002
Feature ad on Expedia in US$

Is that pesos? Can't access your thread.

It's a feature ad on Expedia in US$. For some reason, I can't post the Expedia web page or captured screen. Spirit June R/T airfare to PUJ is about $370 with 1 checked luggage meaning the cost of the villa rental for 7 nights is $13,800. If paying that much for the villa you would think private jetting there!

DomAm

May 11, 2002
If you are traveling without baggage, I could see how Spirit might be an OK deal. I have never found a flight on Spirit that I would take.

I've found Spirit to be cheaper than JetBlue or any other airline from South Florida (PBI, FLL, MIA) to SDQ, including the extra fee for checked luggage. The seats are a little more cramped than JetBlue (4-5 inches?) but it's a minor inconvenience on a 2hr 15 mins flight.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
One thing I learned is to use multiple search engines and check individual airline websites.
Although I am coming back to DR in July on Sunwing..............using flexible travel dates on search
engines never uncovered that Frontier has a weekly flight from my Airport to Punta Cana.
People have found out though, the flights are booked up fast.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I'd sooner walk than fly spirit. The one and only time I used them was on a flight to Jamaica, where both the inbound and outbound flights were delayed for a total of 18 hours! To make matters worse, the spirit agents refused to speak to any of the passengers as to the cause of the delay. To rub salt in the would, we were given vouchers for $7.00!
Once on the plane, they nickle and dime you for everything. Even had to pay for water
Pigs will fly before I get on a spirit flight.

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
I'd sooner walk than fly spirit. The one and only time I used them was on a flight to Jamaica, where both the inbound and outbound flights were delayed for a total of 18 hours! To make matters worse, the spirit agents refused to speak to any of the passengers as to the cause of the delay. To rub salt in the would, we were given vouchers for $7.00!
Once on the plane, they nickle and dime you for everything. Even had to pay for water
Pigs will fly before I get on a spirit flight.

"A couple from Orlando purchased seats on Spirit Airline for the very first time. They were flying to see a concert in Atlanta, but when the flight was delayed they missed their concert. They wanted to be reimbursed.

They emailed the CEO of Spirit and complained of poor customer service from the company along with the request for compensation. CEO told one of his staff in an email to handle the complaint and said, "we owe him nothing as far as I'm concerned. Let him tell the world how bad we are. He's never flown us before anyway and will be back when we save him a penny."

Instead of only sending this to the staffer though, he hit "reply to all" and the Orlando couple got to see what the CEO really thought of their complaint."