New member from Tennessee

Bosslady616

Apr 5, 2015
Hello all,

My name is Sharmaine. I decided to join this site because this will be my first solo trip and I have decided to go to Punta Cana. I've been all through the site absorbing the advice that is being given by the different members. I have read and heard good and bad things about this island. I will be leaving for the island in about 3 weeks. Is there any advice, suggestions, places, etc that y'all might think will be good to visit? I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks

Sharmaine

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Punta Cana is a large beach area. Usually it makes sense to take the tours offered at the hotel. But tell us what is the name of your hotel so we can tell you what is in your area.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
welcome to DR1.
tell us the hotelname and let us know what kinda things would be of interest to you, like waterbased stuff, safaris, booze cruises or informative relaxed tours, diving, ziplining etc etc etc.

have fun in a 'hood

Mike

Bosslady616

Apr 5, 2015
I'll be staying at the Paradius Palma Real. I would like to explore off the resort also, such as small towns and possibly offbeat beaches. I was thinking about also doing a day trip to Santo Domingo.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Pardisus Palma Real is in a good location as it is mid-point between all the resorts, which are laid out on a 40 km stretch of coastline from Cap Cana to the south to Uvero Alto to the north.
PPR is not within walking distance of very much, though, apart from the neighbouring Palma Real Shopping Village. Exploring the local area Punta Cana-B?varo is not that easy as it is spread out and public transport is the only option. The more populated centres in the area, with restaurants, bars and human activity, are Los Corales, Cortecito, Friusa and Ver?n. The rest is mainly residential or hotel complexes.

Small towns in the area that are worth visiting: San Rafael and Boca de Yuma - fishing village.
Offbeat beaches - Macao.
There will be excursions to Santo Domingo and many other places from the hotel.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome to the site. I do not know if you are single but you should read about "sankies" and acquaint yourself with the genre.
I hope you enjoy the country as much as I do.

Bosslady616

Apr 5, 2015
Thanks Sosuamatt. I did read up on that throughout the forum. I asked a male friend of mine who always visit the island about what I should look out for, but he never gave me the heads up on that one. I came to find out last week from a mutual acquaintance that he "so call" have a girlfriend he visits monthly.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Welcome to the site. If you really listened to all the advice here I doubt you would be off to PC. BTW, are you a moonshiner? We could use one on the site. These Dominicans will not drink anything other than rum. As far as PC, please do not judge the country by what you see there. I am a little bit biased as I live in the jewel of the Dominican Republic, Sosua on the fabulous north coast. Hope your vacay turns out great.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Welcome to the site. If you really listened to all the advice here I doubt you would be off to PC. BTW, are you a moonshiner? We could use one on the site. These Dominicans will not drink anything other than rum. As far as PC, please do not judge the country by what you see there. I am a little bit biased as I live in the jewel of the Dominican Republic, Sosua on the fabulous north coast. Hope your vacay turns out great.

Sosua is the "Jewel"??
well, so i am very happy to live now over here in the jungle on the east, as i did not like Sosua at all when i started on the Island. i would not have settled down on the Isle if Sosua would have been the only option to live at, but that was a good 20 years ago, i am not up to date, as i never had the desire to visit the north again after my last visit there 10 years ago.

cheers form the deepest jungle on the East

Mike

Bosslady616

Apr 5, 2015
Not sure exactly what a moonshiner is. I don't judge a country by just one part. I know that everywhere has its good and bad parts. This may be my first trip going to this country, but I don't think it will be my last. Whenever I come back after this trip I plan on going to SD if I don't do a day trip.

Bosslady616

Apr 5, 2015
Wasn't really thinking about the moonshiner comment until after I posted. I do make homemade wine every year.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello all,

My name is Sharmaine. I decided to join this site because this will be my first solo trip and I have decided to go to Punta Cana. I've been all through the site absorbing the advice that is being given by the different members. I have read and heard good and bad things about this island. I will be leaving for the island in about 3 weeks. Is there any advice, suggestions, places, etc that y'all might think will be good to visit? I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks

Sharmaine

If you are a single lady travelling to an all inclusive please please don't fall "in love" with some slick Dominican half your age who just happens to think you are the greatest thing since shredded cheese. Be aware that you will be the one being persued, something you may not be used to in the states. This public service message is brought to you by Safe Sex. Your welcome and have fun.

Bosslady616

Apr 5, 2015
I'm sure I am not going to fall in love. I'm just her to relax and want to see some of the culture. I sure I will have fun and many laughs at the things that the men might do to pursue me.