Las Terrenas to Boca Chica

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
What is the cheapest way to get from Boca Chica to Las Terrenas. I am going to Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo on June 26 and returning on June 28.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
What is the cheapest way to get from Boca Chica to Las Terrenas. I am going to Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo on June 26 and returning on June 28.

Option 1: Guagua Boca Chica to Carib Express Station by the entry to the Samana Highway, Carib Express bus to Sanchez, Guagua Sanchez to Las Terrenas. Carib Express stop in Sanchez is about 1km from where guaguas for LT wait at junction with Samana road.

Option 2: Guagua Boca Chica to La Sirena, Av Duarte/Barahona for the terminus for the 5 daily Las Terrenas guaguas (8.00, 9.30, 11.00, 13.40 and 15.30) I assume that there will be a replacement 15.30 guagua for the one that crashed yesterday. My advice is get there early for the 11.00 or 13.40 coaches which use Atlantico Boulevard. Google 'Las Terrenas Live guaguas' for more information.

Grans Bahia Portillo is about 5km from the centre of LT/bus terminus and perhaps another 2km from Sanchez guagua terminus (which is near entry into town) and you will have to find onward transport there.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
You other post asks BC to LT?
Transportes Las Terenas to/from the Toll road entrance. Then guagua

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

You will need to take a taxi from BC to the small bus station at the entrance to the Santo Domingo-Samana Hwy. There you can pick up the bus that goes to Las Terrenas. This bus stops in Las Terrenas across from Peso Plaza. You can get off here and take another taxi to El Portillo or ask the bus driver if you can stay on the bus and drop you at the entrance to Grand Bahia. I believe this bus goes on to Limon and El Portillo is on the way. Here is the number for Transporte Las Terrenas: in Santo Domingo 809-240-1470, Las Terrenas 809-240-5302. The bus leaves from SD at 8:30, 9:30, 11:00AM and 1:40 and 3PM daily. It is about 20-30 minutes from the SD bus depot to the small bus depot I referred to. So plan accordingly. Good luck.