New member intro

Jennmargar

Jun 14, 2015
Just wanted to introduce myself... I was born and raised in California Cuban American and still living in California but hoping to move to punta Cana within the next year or two. I have been visiting this site for a little now and have finally decided to sign up. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you guys.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Just wanted to introduce myself... I was born and raised in California Cuban American and still living in California but hoping to move to punta Cana within the next year or two. I have been visiting this site for a little now and have finally decided to sign up. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you guys.

Why the DR? Are you of retirement age? Are you familiar with the current immigration and residency laws? I'm assuming you have visited Punta Cana? Life in the DR is not an all inclusive experience.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Hello and welcome!
Are you nuts, girl? You're moving from beautiful California to have a relationship with a third world police officer.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Welcome to DR1 jen, put on your fireproof shorts :) In between all the garbage, you'll find some very good info and advice.

Choose wisely ;)

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
Welcome to DR1 . I'm an Italian guy who by accident fell in love with a Dominican girl in PTO PTA . Long story short, married for 14 years with 2 beautiful boys living in nYc . It can happen - I may be in the minority but it can be done.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
You cant move here the Dominican Republic government will not let you the good days are gone.
For get about it.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome to DR1 . I'm an Italian guy who by accident fell in love with a Dominican girl in PTO PTA . Long story short, married for 14 years with 2 beautiful boys living in nYc . It can happen - I may be in the minority but it can be done.

you are in the minority. very minor minority.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
you are in the minority. very minor minority.

I think it's more that he spoke up, and many of the men happily married to Dominicanas just keep it to themselves most of the time.

A quick look around DR1 will show many successful marriages and long term relationships. I'll admit that there are fewer of us women married long term to Dominicanos, but we're out there. I attended a memorial luncheon in SD for a girlfriend who died in March, and at least half the women there were married a long time [many decades] to Dominican men.

The truth of the matter is that those of us who married Dominicans, and are happy, are hesitant to talk too much about it to newbies in love, because we know the odds are against them. We don't want to feel guilty when things go wrong.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I think it's more that he spoke up, and many of the men happily married to Dominicanas just keep it to themselves most of the time.

A quick look around DR1 will show many successful marriages and long term relationships. I'll admit that there are fewer of us women married long term to Dominicanos, but we're out there. I attended a memorial luncheon in SD for a girlfriend who died in March, and at least half the women there were married a long time [many decades] to Dominican men.

The truth of the matter is that those of us who married Dominicans, and are happy, are hesitant to talk too much about it to newbies in love, because we know the odds are against them. We don't want to feel guilty when things go wrong.

http://dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/30782-successful-relationships-dominican-style.html

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Understood bit i appreciate you sharing that. I do get ALOT of negative responses.

you get lots of negative responses, and here is why..

as AlterEgo states, there are people here who have made successful unions with Dominicans. i have no sociological statistics, but i am willing to take bets that the marriages or unions that survive are generally those made between people of relatively equivalent social status. i do not know AE nor her husband, or dv8 and hers, but my suspicion is that they are social equivalents, and that they are compatible pairs. the unions that do not pass muster are the ones in which someone like the OP, with a college degree, and pursuing another, tries to make it with a guy who strives mightily to spell the word dog.