Golf at Juan DOlio

Jan Oz

Jan 3, 2002
Can anyone give us specific info. on any public golf course(s) near Jaun Dolio? What is it like? Green fees? Golf club rentals? Can an individual get on for 9 holes (and be paired up that day)? Thanks again - very useful web site for tourists!

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Golf

Jan; There is golf right across the street, the club is called Metro and it's a very nice club. Metro has club rentals and you can play 9 holes of this 18 hole course. You can play the front one day and the back another day! Metro also provides electric carts as well as pull carts. No advance tee times are needed, as the club is never too busy(I always wonder why???)but it probably would'nt hurt to phone in advance, you'll be able to get the phone number from your hotel. I say this because I do know they have a members day once per week and I would'nt want you to go on that day! The rentals are very nice clubs, so don't worry about that! Hope you enjoy yourself and have fun!

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Golf

Sorry Jan, There is also golf about 40 minutes to the west at a club called Andre's which is a cow pasture and I would not recommend unless you only get out once per years and you just want to hit a golf ball! And there is a course to the east of you about 1 hour and 10 minutes called Teeth of the Dog and another called the Links.....these two courses are Championship golf courses and are priced to reflect this as well......about 180.00 for the Teeth and about 135.00 for the LInks....plus,plus,plus......so unless you are an avid golfer, stick to the Metro club....which BTW costs about 22 bucks USD to play!plus rentals,plus cart!

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Jan Oz said:
Can anyone give us specific info. on any public golf course(s) near Jaun Dolio? What is it like? Green fees? Golf club rentals? Can an individual get on for 9 holes (and be paired up that day)? Thanks again - very useful web site for tourists!

See www.BocaChicaBeach.net/links.html. There, see Activities, subcategory Golf. I believe the Metro is closed on Mondays (it was a couple months ago when I tried to play that day.)