View Poll Results: Expats, what's your situation regarding the regularization plan?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Dominican citizen.

3 3.80%
  • I've been legal since before the plan started.

46 58.23%
  • I regularized my status after the plan started.

4 5.06%
  • I'm in the process of regularizing.

12 15.19%
  • I'm illegal and will stay put.

10 12.66%
  • I'm illegal and planning to leave the country soon.

4 5.06%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Expats and The Regularization Plan

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You need cedula for DR DL. I don't think cedula comes with Regularization, only with Residency.

2. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    You need cedula for DR DL. I don't think cedula comes with Regularization, only with Residency.
    I agree with this but really have no idea if it is right?!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This poll is coming in with a relatively small sample within what should be expected from the available information on number of non Haitian foreigners at onset of Regularization plan and biometric cedula renewals plus estimations of expats taking up plan and other visas.

Bravo the poster in another thread who suggested the 17,000 number which is plus or minus in the right area.

Still a large number of other foreigners and easy to identify where the bulk live.

A personal opinion is that the French/Italian community in Samana has a higher percentage of residual illegals.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

NALS pity you didn't ask for 'general' nationalities......USA, Europe, Canada, Asia, SA.

6. Likes mofongoloco liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    I'm just waiting for my free ticket out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Joke... but if you fly out of the DR don't expect to be let back into the country. That is the rub. You now have no documentation that allows you to stay indefinitely in the DR. If you think you are smarter than everyone else...ignorance is bliss.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

On the flip side of the coin, a punny piece of plastified hard plastic, sadly doesnt protect anyone here......

If some politico wakes up one morning and for whatever reason, decides to change the migracion law pro actively..... we are all back to square 1.

9. Likes drescape24 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    On the flip side of the coin, a punny piece of plastified hard plastic, sadly doesnt protect anyone here......

If some politico wakes up one morning and for whatever reason, decides to change the migracion law pro actively..... we are all back to square 1.
    The chance you take. I myself do not worry about something that unlikely.

I need that plastic card to get another plastic card called a driver's license. And it helps in banking and insurance.

11. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post

Why wouldnt they? There is more money in that. Especially when the US dollar fails and people try to flee the ensuing police state. They can sell citizenship to the highest bidder...for a while, until the DR fails when those dollar remesas stop coming.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    The chance you take. I myself do not worry about something that unlikely.

I need that plastic card to get another plastic card called a driver's license. And it helps in banking and insurance.
    No chances taken here, either. I have my plastic card. Just saying in the big scheme of things in doesnt mean squat.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    Joke... but if you fly out of the DR don't expect to be let back into the country.
    Huh? I admit I am currently here on an overstayed tourist visa. So if I fly back to the UK to start the normal residency process at the DR embassy in London, they won't let me back in to the DR to complete the process?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast