Expats and The Regularization Plan

Expats, what's your situation regarding the regularization plan?

• I'm a Dominican citizen.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I've been legal since before the plan started.

Votes: 46 59.0%
  • I regularized my status after the plan started.

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • I'm in the process of regularizing.

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • I'm illegal and will stay put.

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • I'm illegal and planning to leave the country soon.

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The final hour of the much debated regularization plan is almost here. Its a good moment to see where DR1ers stand on this vis-a-vis their personal situation. Votes are anonymous.

Feel free to express how the process was for you, whether you were successful in regularizing your status, if you did it early or late, etc.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i got my residency soon after i arrived. it was very easy and took about 3 months.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Would somebody please explain to me the Regularization Plan. I got my temporary Residence about ten years ago and have to renew it around every 3 years.
What?s different now? I apologize for my ignorance.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
It would have helped to know when the plan started.....
I think i voted " after plan started"..... but not to sure when the plan started ( and went the normal residency route anyway ).

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
So far I'm surprised by the results. I thought most expats on DR1 were illegals.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I THINK I have regularized as per the plan, but all I got from the official when I asked what happens next was "The people in Santo Domingo will contact you" so I'm not confident. I'm now making plans to go back to England to start the normal Residency process as I was going to do before this whole messy business was started. All I really want is to be able to get a Dominican driving licence and I still haven't heard of anyone who knows for sure if this will be possible after "Regularizacion".