Hi, Going to Santo Domingo Soon for Exploratory Mission

robalec

Jun 17, 2015
Hello everyone. I'm originally from Oklahoma but I'm just finishing up a two year contract in the Philippines. I'm thinking the DR might be a good place to relocate. I can now do most of my work from the computer. I've been to Santiago and Santo Domingo before, but it has been over five years.

I plan to go later this year to see if I would really like living there. I will spend most of my time In Santo Domingo, but I'm not fixed at all on choosing that city to live in.

My experience living in the Philippines has probably given me some lessons that can apply in the DR.

I'm hoping to meet some expats here, some locals, and I'm interested in finding a trustworthy driver that can assist me during my visit later this year.

I'm a 40 year old male, light drinker. I'm not divesting of my home in the Phlippines yet. I will visit DR again before deciding to relocate, but I do like the idea of being closer to the states.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
welcome to DR1.
can't help with questions about the big City or an driver there, as i am myself a passionated hater of big Cities(has nothing to do with DR, i hate them all around the globe, lol), but we have many bordmembers who live there or know santo domingo or santiago well, so they will chime in and lead you into the right direction.

have fun here

Mike

robalec

Jun 17, 2015
welcome to DR1.
can't help with questions about the big City or an driver there, as i am myself a passionated hater of big Cities(has nothing to do with DR, i hate them all around the globe, lol), but we have many bordmembers who live there or know santo domingo or santiago well, so they will chime in and lead you into the right direction.

have fun here

Mike

Thank you. I will base in SD but likely branch out. I just have to see where the journey takes me. But yes, in the meantime, I would appreciate help navigating SD. As far as finding a driver, I assume that there are some taxi drivers I could rely on. I realize there are some I would definitely want to stay away from, but there are also some I could get their number and they would be fairly reliable and trustworthy. Yes / No?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes, of course, there sure are.
post in the "Living Section" a new topic, ask there about numbers/name of a reliable cabbydriver to hire for the day or days in St Domingo, people will see the question there more likely than here on the introductions topic, so you will sure get answres

Mike

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i want to do the same thing every time i visit i always stay in the apartment or walk around areas between the airport and boca chica and the beaches but i would like to go to the landmark areas. when area you going to santo d