A Dominican Newspaper

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Does anyone know of a Dominican Newspaper that is in English, or a site that translate a existing paper into English? I know we have DR1.....but it is kinda small and I would like a paper that covers everything......If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. Thank You Doug

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
English Language paper?

Doug,Dr1 translates just about all the important stories of the day in the DR.! You use the term"everything",which is too "Broad". What other stories are you looking for? "Man has flat tire on Malecon,traffic tied up for days!" I do not know of anything "other",or "better",than DR1 Criss

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Chriss

When I read a newspaper, Free Press,Star,Observer....and so on ,I read more that what is published in the DR1 daily paper that comes out. I've yet to read one of the papers that I read daily in 4 minutes....and that is what it takes to read DR1, don't get me wrong....I like it....I would just like something more! That's all.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There used to be Santo domingo News

But I have no idea if it is still in print.

However, Buddy!! You are trying to learn Spanish! So, go to www.listin.com.do and read all about it in Spanish. If you can't understand it all, not to worry, just try and get the gist of things, and if you have a question, well you know who to turn to=> DR1 !!!!!

HB

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Hb

Good reply, but I would like to know about what's going on in English....but that is a good idea....read the paper in Spanish to try to understand the language there and get the "jist" of it.....just keep reading! Thanks Again HB!

CES

Jan 1, 2002
[get the "jist" of it]

^^^ "understand the language there and get the "jist" of it....." ^^^ Most every time I read some thing in Spanish and then 'run it by' Mrs. CES I've messed up one or two of the subtle points. This sometimes completely changes the real meaning of an article, one really needs to have a "true" translation to check comprehension when learning the language. . .

regards,

. . . CES

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
SD News is now DR1

HB,
I'm surprised that you don't seem to realize that the former Santo Domingo News was replaced by DR1 (in 1996 or 1997, if memory serves). Our own Dolores was the publisher of SD News!
Regards,
Keith