Traffic in Las Terrenas - New Rules

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Las Terrenas
According to the author of the article, chaos in the streets is the order of the day.
But the local AMET chief promises a change (to begin next Monday), as he received 7 new men for his team.

- Motorcycles and cars will be checked for documents and insurance. :surprised
- Motorcyclists will have to wear helmets. :surprised
- Drivers will have to wear their seat belts. :surprised
- No more using one-way streets in the wrong direction. :surprised
- 'Calibrar' is prohibited (riding mopeds on one wheel; ATV's on 2). :surprised
- Loud mufflers are prohibited. :surprised
- No more loud music. :surprised
- No speeding. :surprised

This is said not to be a temporary change only.... :surprised

Llegan refuerzos de AMET para regularizar el tr?nsito vehicular en Las Terrenas - InfosDiario.com - Las Terrenas

I believe it when I see it.

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
ah, the NEW WORLD of RD.....

they did that crackdown ( of sorts) in Sosewer.... with some success , people say

and LT certainly needs it:speechles

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
WW,

I'm sure you don't want us all to move to Tres Amarras so kindly stop disparaging our little slice of paradise or we'll ruin yours...

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Now wouldn't that be great.

Can he add: 'vehicles entering from the left don't have right of way'

Quad drivers wearing helmets!!!

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Off thread but to me it appears AMET are getting serious. The AMET guys in the capital are busy daily stopping and ticketing motorists for violations.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I would love to see them enforce that during Semana Santa, next year... LMAO..

people on quads wearing Helmets ? thats the funniest thing I have ever heard..

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I would love to see them enforce that during Semana Santa, next year... LMAO..

people on quads wearing Helmets ? thats the funniest thing I have ever heard..

Yes the fact they let you drive on public roads without here!

Mandatory in most western countries on public roads for good reason in that driver and passengers are at risk of head injury in an accident.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Yes the fact they let you drive on public roads without here!

Mandatory in most western countries on public roads for good reason in that driver and passengers are at risk of head injury in an accident.

I think you missed the Sarcasm of my post..
and as to "most western countries " ? in the USA it varies STATE BY STATE. yes, you can literally take off your helmet as you cross the state line.. if you choose to..
but thats not the topic of this thread..

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Las Terrenas
But the local AMET chief promises a change (to begin next Monday), as he received 7 new men for his team.
- No more using one-way streets in the wrong direction. :surprised
This is said not to be a temporary change only.... :surprised

I hope this one included the AMET and PN themselves. When the pollice have no respect for the traffic laws why should anyone else.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I hope this one included the AMET and PN themselves. When the pollice have no respect for the traffic laws why should anyone else.

That's not the point. I'm not saying that as a matter of course, officials do not routinely violate the traffic laws because they do. We must not be concerned with what others do, we can only control what we do. I've seen police going the wrong way on a one-way street at home when responding to a call, did I get all indignant or assume I could do the same, no of course not.

If you ascribe to this theory of personal accountability, you drive around the block. If you do not, then you drive down a una via the wrong way. The fact that others do it is a lame excuse to justify why you are doing it.

Are the cops responding to an emergency call or just taking a shortcut - I don't know and it really doesn't matter provided they don't run into me.