Lot Land

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
While my real estate agent is looking for at least 50-100 acres of flat empty land and he gave me several options however I want to come here and see if you anyone know and have better offer for me.

The land shall be flat and at least between 50-100 acres and hoping the location is in safe area and can capable getting 24/7 electric and water service. I am not sure where or which the best section in Santo Domingo.

This project will be to build new deaf school based in Santo Domingo. We are pending 501(c)3 non-profit and we already got dontations coming in so we want to start the project as soon as possible. I always want to help and give the best education to these deaf children in DR.

Thanks again.
Cheers,
~J

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
100 acres? Are you building a hundred acre campus? What is your budget?

The reason, for future growth. I already have one lot somewhere and it's listed for $300,000USD. The school where I went for 11 years, it is about 80 acres with almost 50 buildings, it is normal for that size to serve 500-700 deaf students housed on campus 24/7.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
you should also think in terms of existing bldgs. etc....and land is tareas not acres so learn the formula...how to convert tareas to acres....if u are housing students u should expand your search to 20 miles circle of s.d. of course the oceanside is out...

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
you should also think in terms of existing bldgs. etc....and land is tareas not acres so learn the formula...how to convert tareas to acres....if u are housing students u should expand your search to 20 miles circle of s.d. of course the oceanside is out...

I agree but SD is the only city in DR has most deaf population and I want to make sure its closer so they can rely on public transportation, I know it's not easy though.

I might look at lands out near the airport, it has plenty land there, maybe?

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
This will give you the idea of my former school Florida School for the Deaf & Blind based in St. Augustine, FL and it is sitting on 80 acres and 51 buildings and it serve nearly 800 students and 450 staff. They house these kids 7 days a week, it has classrooms, cafe, sports and all that. It's an amazing school!

n0Rt9CG.png

q8T0WAT.jpg

donP

Dec 14, 2008
A Project for the Deaf

The land shall be flat and at least between 50-100 acres and hoping the location is in safe area and can capable getting 24/7 electric and water service. I am not sure where or which the best section in Santo Domingo.

With that size (20 to 40 hectars!! The latter number is equivalent to about 640 tareas!!) you'd most likely have the largest school in the country. ;)
I know you'll start small with the hope to expand.

But why Santo Domingo?
You could have the school in a rural area and as I understand you'd run it as a boarding school have students from all over the country.

Anyway, I admire your plan and wish you success.

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
North of Santo Domingo

I already have one lot somewhere and it's listed for $300,000USD.

If that is about the size you want (let's say 30 ha) it sounds cheap (1 USD/sqm). :surprised
Going to SD by bus I have seen large plots for sale in the north of SD, industrial land I guess.
I'd wish your students a nicer area, though.

donP

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
donP: I am aware of that school, it's outdated and small, they have no money to expand and the goverment only give them small money every month. That is why they are facing hard time as well.

That is one of several reason, I want to purchase at least 100 acres so we can build a deaf school and if they need to expand, they have the remaining left acres they have and have no problems to expand.

This is very important project becuase its all about Education. I want to invest that will worth their lifetime!

As fact, I already got a website and pending 501(c)3 status and its ready for full launch in July.

The truth: I visit the school and fell in love with the kids, they are so innocent and they need better education. That is where I step in and change it. I do have the experience and vision and will bring it to DR.

Overall: 80% deaf dominicans doesn't get education, the rest that is 20% that does go to school. The reason: Poverty! That where I am trying to change that too.

jimbobo: There are approx 15,000 deaf people current living in Dominican Republic.

Hope I answer all of your questions.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Sufficient Funds

... that school (...) they have no money to expand and the goverment only give them small money every month. That is why they are facing hard time as well.

This is really sad.
Those 300,000 Pesos in government subsidies is probably the amount some minister spends on gasoline daily...

donP

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
donP: I spoke with the director last Tuesday and confirmed, gov't only give them $500,000 a month, that's it. They rely ony donations and families paying $1,500RD per week for child to attend the school.

My project will change that, all children will resident at the new campus, it will have full time dorms and dining. Our construction will split in 5 phases, one of them we will be building apartment complexs where we can put all families in there so they can be next door to the school, which means they can invest $500,000 into EDUCATION instead not the stuipd gas money.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
do you understand/speak spanish as well? is it a difficult issue to search deaf/mute kids a foreign language? are you planning classes of english for the kids in the school?