A Trojan Horse Called 'Santa'

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Boca Chica
An Italian, Salvatore Albanese (69), obviously made a mistake in 2006 when he teamed up with the Dominican domestic help 'Santa'.
Next mistake came in 2008, when he agreed in a contract to let her administer his 18-room hotel (alleged value of 500,000 €) and to give her 50% of the profits.
Salvatore went to Italy for a 2-year-stay, he never received any money.

On his intended return he received a call from Santa, that he better not come, as someone wanted to kill him.
Salvatore, however, did return and was able to change the locks of his hotel.

This is, when Santa made a pact with judge 'Maritza' who arrived at the hotel with a police force and again changed the locks, declaring Santa the owner of the hotel.

Despite various lawyers and DA's working on the case, it is dragging on without any investigation.
A letter sent to the General DA Francisco Dom?nguez Brito in November 2014 has not had a reply so far.

Italiano pide intervenci?n del procurador para que le devuelvan hotel en Bocha Chica

http://www.tiburno.tv/guidonia/item...astrato-da-una-donna-rischia-di-perdere-tutto

donP

Last edited:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Leaving your property for 2 years, in the hands of a Diminican, you hardly know, and not returning even ONCE during that time to see whats going on ?.. especially a business involving the handling of CASH, lots of cash ?? SMH...
Kind of his fault really... he should have at lest sent one of his people over periodically, how hard is that..

In Dominicans Eyes, that property belonged to them, and is considered ABANDONED in their minds..
Titles and Deeds and Contracts, and the LAW , dont mean SHEIT in the DR.. Only whats in front of their faces is what matters and the Italian was out of sight and out of mind, and returned as an Intruder. He is lucky he did not get killed for the Cash Cow business he left behind.
just my .02

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
This is what you and I know.

But as we speak more paradise babblers arrive...blue-eyed ostriches... :tired:

donP

This is probably the board's greatest merit, warning and preventing potential arrivals of the snares that await them in Paradise Lost.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i say he should count his blessing as he was not offed in order for someone to put their hands on his property. he practically handed it over on a plate. stupidity costs money, he paid a high price.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This is probably the board's greatest merit, warning and preventing potential arrivals of the snares that await them in Paradise Lost.

and YOU THINK THEY PAY ANY ATTENTION????

They all think they know better, especially when they have their "Dominicano/a" to help them start their business here!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Boca Chica
An Italian, Salvatore Albanese (69), obviously made a mistake in 2006 when he teamed up with the Dominican domestic help 'Santa'.
Next mistake came in 2008, when he agreed in a contract to let her administer his 18-room hotel (alleged value of 500,000 €) and to give her 50% of the profits.
Salvatore went to Italy for a 2-year-stay, he never received any money.

On his intended return he received a call from Santa, that he better not come, as someone wanted to kill him.
Salvatore, however, did return and was able to change the locks of his hotel.

This is, when Santa made a pact with judge 'Maritza' who arrived at the hotel with a police force and again changed the locks, declaring Santa the owner of the hotel.

Despite various lawyers and DA's working on the case, it is dragging on without any investigation.
A letter sent to the General DA Francisco Dom?nguez Brito in November 2014 has not had a reply so far.

Italiano pide intervenci?n del procurador para que le devuelvan hotel en Bocha Chica

Guidonia - Apre albergo dei sogni a Santo Domingo, "incastrato" da una donna rischia di perdere tutto

donP

Where's 'Bocha' Chica?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This whole story is such a travesty of justice.

Hopefully if it gets enough publicity someone in government will look into it and make things right.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Leaving your property for 2 years, in the hands of a Diminican, you hardly know, and not returning even ONCE during that time to see whats going on ?.. especially a business involving the handling of CASH, lots of cash ?? SMH...
Kind of his fault really... he should have at lest sent one of his people over periodically, how hard is that..

In Dominicans Eyes, that property belonged to them, and is considered ABANDONED in their minds..
Titles and Deeds and Contracts, and the LAW , dont mean SHEIT in the DR.. Only whats in front of their faces is what matters and the Italian was out of sight and out of mind, and returned as an Intruder. He is lucky he did not get killed for the Cash Cow business he left behind.
just my .02

lucky he did not get killed...hmmm.

day ain?t over yet.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I don't like it when people blame the victim. This man legally owns the property. He is now being screwed by the corrupt legal system in the DR. I hope this gets resolved for him before he dies. He is not a young man.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Next Please

I don't like it when people blame the victim. This man legally owns the property.

In this case some may even feel Schadenfreude (I think this German word is even used in the English language, it's difficult to translate.).
The Italian probably came here with best intentions, called the country his second home and fell prey to paradise dwellers.
The fact, that he is one of hundreds does not make it less sad or a lesser crime.

I am surprised that many seemingly believe this could not happen to them also.
With the help of criminal gangs composed of lawyers, DA's, police and judges almost anything here is possible and does happen.

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't like it when people blame the victim. This man legally owns the property. He is now being screwed by the corrupt legal system in the DR. I hope this gets resolved for him before he dies. He is not a young man.

dulce, i am with you 100% on the issue of blaming the victim, but sometimes i have to wonder if i should. if that guy was in the DR long enough to buy and own a hotel, he must have heard enought things about the way Dominicans do business, and the legal system, to know better than to entwine himself with types like those.

i have had Dominicans who know that i have a particular culinary skill begging me to go into business with them. they do not need any physical input from me, like money. all they want me to bring is the know how, and i will be a 50 percent partner. i have turned down all of them. they will just plant a mole to study me, and when they think they can do things by themselves, i am out of there.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Love Trap

dulce, i am with you 100% on the issue of blaming the victim, but sometimes i have to wonder if i should. if that guy was in the DR long enough to buy and own a hotel, he must have heard enought things about the way Dominicans do business, and the legal system, to know better than to entwine himself with types like those.

Gorgon, it may help if you translate the Italian newspaper article.

Salvatore arrived in BC in 2004.
He had the hotel ("Isabel Deni") built and unfortunately fell into the love trap of Santa (43).
She later sued him for psychological violence , which, I suppose, was done on legal advice, as it is easy to accuse anybody of it and hard to prove wrong.

Then 3 witnesses were 'found', who testified that the hotel belonged to the woman.

All right, whatever.
A small bag with drugs, thrown over the fence would have had the same trick...

Just saying. They know how to do those things.
That's why, I call it an awesome culture.

donP

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Many people underestimate the treachery of a so-called "loved one". You'd be surprised how otherwise intelligent, street smart people let themselves get so easily swindled in the DR.

The other thing is that when someone "falls" in love, sometimes they lose all sense. This gentleman probably naively thought it was a good idea for his wife to have something solid under her feet so she could share in his hard work and good fortune and have some sort of status on the island, as opposed to being a nobody who has nothing in her own name to speak of in life.

That's usually how those bedtime conversations go, after all. "Yes, baby, I'll help you be someone here in your home country in echange for you continuing to make me happy".

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Many people underestimate the treachery of a so-called "loved one". You'd be surprised how otherwise intelligent, street smart people let themselves get so easily swindled in the DR.

The other thing is that when someone "falls" in love, sometimes they lose all sense. This gentleman probably naively thought it was a good idea for his wife to have something solid under her feet so she could share in his hard work and good fortune and have some sort of status on the island, as opposed to being a nobody who has nothing in her own name to speak of in life.

That's usually how those bedtime conversations go, after all. "Yes, baby, I'll help you be someone here in your home country in echange for you continuing to make me happy".

her response will be..

thank you, mi amor. when Fausto and i kill you, i promise to make it as painless as possible.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
When he waited 2 years to come back, he lost my support. If I was in his place, I would have been on a plane the second month I didn't get paid.

Exactly.. how do you walk away from a busines for that long and not send some family member at least to check up on it, how hard can that possibly be.. especially once she started missing payments.
Everyone else seems to be glossing over that part.. imo, is a glaring mistake, much more so than trusting the Dominicana.. I would say in ANY other country around the world if you do the same, dont expect things to be exactly like you left them when you return..