Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: PAWA Dominicana announces Flights to US and Caribbean

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribNY View Post
    Connections where? In the short run I can see to CUR but once Insel is back up and running Jamaicans will prefer the direct service. I know that both the DR and the Jamaicans gov'ts want direct service as they believe that will stimulate business ties, and maybe some leisure traffic. Sometimes direct service has been known to stimulate travel that didn't previously exist.

I can more see POS as I think that there is already solid business travel to SDQ and there is also a Dominican population in POS.
    i do not think that too many Jamaicans want business ties with the DR, in part because of things like this..

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...rys-government

for those who cannot be bothered to read the article, what it chronicles is the expropriation of over 300 million dollars worth of investment in the DR by a Jamaican businessman. the matter will probably end up in arbitration in Brussels..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i do not think that too many Jamaicans want business ties with the DR, in part because of things like this..

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...rys-government

for those who cannot be bothered to read the article, what it chronicles is the expropriation of over 300 million dollars worth of investment in the DR by a Jamaican businessman. the matter will probably end up in arbitration in Brussels..
    As far as I know the contract with that company has some ilegals and incinstitutionals points, so I presume international court can not do too much about it.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    As far as I know the contract with that company has some ilegals and incinstitutionals points, so I presume international court can not do too much about it.
    can you shed a little light on it...

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637