Is there public transportation to the Capital from Punta Cana?

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
I will be staying at an AI in Punta Cana all next week, but would like to spend a full day in Santo Domingo. I was thinking about getting a hotel for one night in the Capital and returning to Punta Cana the next day. Can anyone please give me some advice on different the types transtportion available for a round trip, Metro Bus, Passinger Van, Private party, or plane if not to expensive?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Rick

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The bus company is Bavaro Express. About 350 Pesos each way. Airport Taxi is about $200.

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
Thanks RV429, and Chirimoya. Wow, it's a 6 hour trip. Are the Auto Buses comfortable?

Mascota

Jun 16, 2015
Rick when would you like to visit SD? I will be in PC from 10JUL for 15 days and would like to go there as well. Sorry for asking:) thing is i'm a single traveling girl and feel a bit uncomfy going by alone) Its my 6 time in PC and this time i would love to see more than bavaro hahaha)))))

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I will be staying at an AI in Punta Cana all next week, but would like to spend a full day in Santo Domingo. I was thinking about getting a hotel for one night in the Capital and returning to Punta Cana the next day. Can anyone please give me some advice on different the types transtportion available for a round trip, Metro Bus, Passinger Van, Private party, or plane if not to expensive?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Rick

If you want to stay at a decent place in the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo try Hotel El Conde de Penallba. This is an old colonial style hotel in the heart of the historical zone. The rooms are nothing fancy but are generally large and have a/c. Prices per night run around $65-75 per night(plus tax). They have a great outdoor cafe open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and of course drinks and people watching. From here you are right across the plaza from the first church in the new world and walking distance to all the historic buidlings. I have stayed here a number of times and the employees are great and helpful.