Krispy Kreme Opens at SDQ Airport

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Krispy Kreme now opens its store at SDQ Airport, anyone knows about it? I saw the photos on facebook

Seems to me that SDQ airport is trying to make some changes.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was at las americas about 3 weeks ago and they still had "coming soon" signs on a krispy kreme store front back then. why can't those bastards open a store in puerto plata? :(:(:(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it was in front of check-in counters, on the right from the main entrance.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
great. now i'm drooling.

2ibnpt1.gif

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is the one in SD still open? We passed it awhile ago and it looked empty. I don't get what's so great about them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I don't get what's so great about them.

in a country where decent desserts are easily available KK donuts are not a big deal. but dominican donuts can be used as siege weapons and they have a density of a red dwarf.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
in a country where decent desserts are easily available KK donuts are not a big deal. but dominican donuts can be used as siege weapons and they have a density of a red dwarf.

Hahaha, okay, that does make sense.

I'm bringing down a pizzelle maker next trip, for that very reason.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I always go there to get the declious orange icing drink thing, its so good! Hell its cost me $295RD but I dont care lol

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It just goes on and on. I read a study that stated that Dominicans boast (boast?) a nationwide 68.8% obesity rate. That's the same as Americans. (I'm American, and I have worked very hard to not be that fat; but I'm from NYC, where nobody is fat) So yea. Krispy Kreme. And yea, yea, yea: I know: companies need to make $$. And people need to exercise discipline. But it still ****es me off when international companies come in and make $$ off poor, uneducated people at the expense of their well being.

When my mother, OBM, didn't like the Democratic candidate for a particular office, she always voted for the Communist. So call me a Red Diaper Baby. Nobody in American politics will ever be too far left for me. Just sayin.

Last edited:

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Get them quick as in the past the Airport shops will be so expensive only the Donald will be able to buy there. Thats why Airport shops here do not last long. Remember, Burger King, Wendy's, and others they don't last long !

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Get them quick as in the past the Airport shops will be so expensive only the Donald will be able to buy there. Thats why Airport shops here do not last long. Remember, Burger King, Wendy's, and others they don't last long !

you are right that you will have to take out a mortgage if you want to buy a donut at the airport. i went to Santiago airport yesterday, and it is 200 pesos per hour for use of internet, and it is slower than my dial up in 2000. i guess they make it that way, so you have to spend 1000 pesos to get an email.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
But it still ****es me off when international companies come in and make $$ off poor, uneducated people at the expense of their well being.

in all honesty the poor and uneducated in DR cannot afford to buy crap from international companies. a poor dominican family will make lunch for 6 for less than a cost of one big mac. they are getting fat on their own fare: oil, sugar and salt. american imperialists have little to do with this.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Add Nathans at SDQ to that list.