Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: driving laws in the d.r.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Since when did you need a criminal record check for a driver's license here?

Also you take the road test before getting a provisional license, not after.

2. Likes HUG liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=SKY;1588098]Since when did you need a criminal record check for a driver's license here?

Also you take the road test before getting a provisional license, not after.[/QUOT

After paying the required fees you submit your cedula for a police check. I do not think this is a criminal record check as such rather a check to see if you have a record of driving or drug related record to make you unfit to drive. Once the check is complete you get papers to move on to the fingerprinting,blood and eye test before a 40 minute training video then theory test and then you get the provisional license.

The driving test is supposedly 45 days later after paying more fees and on passing that you get your license with all your data stored on it.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really not that hard to hit, reply with quote", and write below!

5. Likes bachata liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    It's really not that hard to hit, reply with quote", and write below!
    Agreed with you, I can do it.

JJ

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Police check, criminal record check whatever it is that the local cops do, that's what you need to turn in at the licensing office.

The practical test (road test) is done no earlier than 45 days after being issued your temporary, learners, provisional (insert your favourite term here) license.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The temporary license is good to drive with by yourself night or day. When I got my license many years ago you took the road test before getting anything. So now you get a license with NO road test? Can anyone that got a new license lately confirm this?

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Can anyone that got a new license lately confirm this?
    I got my DR license two months ago. The learners permit does not permit you to drive alone, it is intended for you to practice for your practical test.

Why do you appear to have such a hard time accepting what I write? Do you believe that I am intentionally trying to deceive someone?

I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominicana On Line

SKY - READ.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    The temporary license is good to drive with by yourself night or day. When I got my license many years ago you took the road test before getting anything. So now you get a license with NO road test? Can anyone that got a new license lately confirm this?
    In SDO your take your practical test on a test track with junctions lights etc. at the back of the center by Olympic stadium. I did one lap before the instruction said 'enough you pass' so cannot confirm if they do exit onto the roads thereafter. With the temporary license you should have a qualified driver with you at all times.

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

In Puerto Plata, the practical test is conducted on surface streets. One time around the block. 1 left turn, 3 right turns and a left turn back into the parking lot. I didn't get out of third gear. Didn't take more than 3 minutes.

No traffic lights, 1 stop sign, 11 potholes and zero traffic.

As mentioned elsewhere, if you opt to take the practical driving test using a test car with an automatic transmission, your license is restricted to automatic vehicles.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast