american murdered in santiago

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
I'm sure he didn't have much money in his wallet, but he was a gringo so the killer(s) assumed he was rich.
R.I.P. T Randolph.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
It's really barbaric in method. Really common place for expats in DR. I think over 10 years or so I must have read 20 times (in reality probably much more, I try to avoid such news outside of DonP and side kick DV8 on DR1) about expats being tied up and strangled with dog leads or cables.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It's really barbaric in method. Really common place for expats in DR. I think over 10 years or so I must have read 20 times (in reality probably much more, I try to avoid such news outside of DonP and side kick DV8 on DR1) about expats being tied up and strangled with dog leads or cables.

i do not think you are endearing yourself to dv8 by characterizing her as being someone?s sidekick.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
i do not think you are endearing yourself to dv8 by characterizing her as being someone?s sidekick.

Haha, wasn't aware status of moderator required effection from the general posting punters. I doubt she is insulted by me stating what we read and observe. DonP was/is DR1s gruesome reporter for years, that's just a fact of reality. Nothing to be offended by. He had a few weeks break and DV8 was in there like a rat up a drainpipe, just another observation we all made. Now we have 2 reporters grim, but DV8 now does most of the donkey work, or DonP lost interest. Either way they both do/did a good job, and I hope they both continue. No insult intended, just general observations, I'm sure it is an observation of many, we do all read the same stuff on here no:lick:

Long live both, double the input means double the output in terms of reporting. More mayhem, more guesome entertainment.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Haha, wasn't aware status of moderator required effection from the general posting punters. I doubt she is insulted by me stating what we read and observe. DonP was/is DR1s gruesome reporter for years, that's just a fact of reality. Nothing to be offended by. He had a few weeks break and DV8 was in there like a rat up a drainpipe, just another observation we all made. Now we have 2 reporters grim, but DV8 now does most of the donkey work, or DonP lost interest. Either way they both do/did a good job, and I hope they both continue. No insult intended, just general observations, I'm sure it is an observation of many, we do all read the same stuff on here no:lick:

Long live both, double the input means double the output in terms of reporting. More mayhem, more guesome entertainment.

i don?t think you are endearing yourself to dv8 by characterizing her as a rat up a drainpipe.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
i don?t think you are endearing yourself to dv8 by characterizing her as a rat up a drainpipe.

Oh give it a rest, your spin has me dizzy. If I wanted to offend I'd have said 'dog on a rabbit', but I didn't so shut up?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Why kill a man for a little money and a laptop?"

Business at usual. Its the DR. They kill for 5 pesos...

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Why kill a man for a little money and a laptop? Is there anything more to this?

Dominicans believe that every white foreigner has at least a million dollars in his house/apartment/car/purse/wallet. So they don't think (and they don't have a brain to think), they just kill and then realize that it's only an old laptop and a few pesos in a wallet. Ok, not much, not a million dollars, but better than nothing... now let's find another white foreigner and kill him, maybe he has more money.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Dominicans believe that every white foreigner has at least a million dollars in his house/apartment/car/purse/wallet. So they don't think (and they don't have a brain to think), they just kill and then realize that it's only an old laptop and a few pesos in a wallet. Ok, not much, not a million dollars, but better than nothing... now let's find another white foreigner and kill him, maybe he has more money.

Although I partly agree. The reality is that they put very little value on life, end of.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
The reality is that they put very little value on life
That's because their life costs zero pesos, and as I said before, they simply don't have a brain to think that somebody else's life has value. They live like animals, they die like animals, and they have no idea what is the value of a human life, since you have to be a human to know it, and they are not.

P.S. moderators, you can ban me for this, but when another animal will come to your house to kill you for your laptop, what will you say then? A great speech about tolerance? :))