Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haiti is a threat to the Dom. Rep.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Haiti is a threat to the Dom. Rep.

Watch this documentary if you want to understand the roots of the problem between both countries.

Unfortunately couldn't find an English version.

JJ

2. Likes Frank the Tank, jabejuventus liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This is almost entirely about the ecological disaster that has resulted from burning down forests. especially in Haiti, to make cooking fuel. It says the rest of the world, not just the DR, needs to put forth more effort to supply gas and gas stoves to poor people who are cooking with charcoal.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, thanks for The explanation to the English speaking readers.

The big concern of The Dominican people is that The deforestation by hands of Haitians already crossed The border.

They are burning our threes.

JJ
    Last edited by bachata; 06-27-2015 at 03:24 PM.

5. Likes Frank the Tank, smitty777 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bachata;1588061]Yes, thanks for The explanation to the English speaking readers.

The big concern of The Dominican people is that The deforestation by hands of Haitians already crossed The border.

I hope it doesn't spread further then the border regions. I love nature and it would be a pity to lose the green hills and forests. Their shady government need to invest in alternate cooking fuels. Utah alone have tremendous amount of natural gas.
    Like it or not, but these two countries will merge and Dominican culture will slowly vanish.

Haiti is not only a threat to the dr, but a threat to the whole region. I met a couple from the the Bahamas and they don't want them there. In Miami they're not welcomed either because of crimes committed. I really don't see how Haiti can be fixed.

7. Likes bachata liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Haiti is always a threat to the DR, the only thing that changes is the nature of the threat. The duality of the island is something that Dominican authorities need to take into account in every decision that is made, lest they pretend it isn't a problem and then a much bigger problem arises as we are seeing now. A Dominican government that becomes so disinterested in border security is basically assisting Haiti with its expansionist tendencies.

Moderator Polls Forum

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Haiti is not trying to expand its territories, this is about Haitians cutting Dominican trees to make charcoal.

10. Likes Gabriela liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=smitty777;1588141]
    Quote Originally Posted by bachata View Post
    Yes, thanks for The explanation to the English speaking readers.

I hope it doesn't spread further then the border regions. I love nature and it would be a pity to lose the green hills and forests. Their shady government need to invest in alternate cooking fuels. Utah alone have tremendous amount of natural gas.
    Like it or not, but these two countries will merge and Dominican culture will slowly vanish.

Haiti is not only a threat to the dr, but a threat to the whole region. I met a couple from the the Bahamas and they don't want them there. In Miami they're not welcomed either because of crimes committed. I really don't see how Haiti can be fixed.
    Your sources sound suspect. I discredit them for anecdotal bias. And the rest is "Chicken Little" bllsht.

Dominicans dont respect the environment either. Drive from Santiago to Sosua and count out in seconds how frequently you see green patches of grass by the roadside not contaminated with litter.

I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Onassis View Post
    Haiti is not trying to expand its territories, this is about Haitians cutting Dominican trees to make charcoal.
    Says you.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Says everyone.

Where is there a Haitian invasion force, poised to strike and annex territory?

I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Onassis View Post
    Says everyone.

Where is there a Haitian invasion force, poised to strike and annex territory?
    About 500,000 plus strong, already infiltrated. Thought you were a history buff.

15. Dislikes Gabriela disliked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast