Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haiti is a threat to the Dom. Rep.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They have a new modality to destroy DR environment, I heard on a online radio station last Friday that Haitians are poisoning our rivers.

This happened last week in the Montecristi and Manzanillo areas...

Is this a new fishing technique used in Haiti?

JJ

2. Likes Commander Ooh La La, USN liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think that unarmed cane cutters are actually likely to annex anything. This is not more an annexation than what Mexican immigrants do in meat packing towns.

people in search of jobs are not an invasion force.

The Dominican government has the power to return them to Haiti. Whether it uses that power depends on the support they get from the people.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Onassis View Post
    I do not think that unarmed cane cutters are actually likely to annex anything. This is not more an annexation than what Mexican immigrants do in meat packing towns.

people in search of jobs are not an invasion force.

The Dominican government has the power to return them to Haiti. Whether it uses that power depends on the support they get from the people.
    There's a precedent on Haiti's using their peasants to annex Dominican land, though:

This used to be the border of the island pre-1929:

After 1929:

All due to the Haitian government's successful handling of the uti possidetis clause of international law, in which a piece of disputed land will go to the country that have the most inhabitants of it (possession is 9/10's of the law). All of it with Yankee blessing and backing.

5. Likes bachata, caribmike liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    Your sources sound suspect. I discredit them for anecdotal bias. And the rest is "Chicken Little" bllsht.

Dominicans dont respect the environment either. Drive from Santiago to Sosua and count out in seconds how frequently you see green patches of grass by the roadside not contaminated with litter.
    there are Pictures taken from space that count and very different tale than this one you are telling...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by airgordo View Post
    there are Pictures taken from space that count and very different tale than this one you are telling...
    those images do not have sufficient resolution to address the litter issue.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by airgordo View Post
    People drive on roads, man, not mountain valleys.
    Yea Bro that is a scenic foto but unfortunately all the roads that lead to that area will be "resplendent" with garbage.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bachata View Post
    They have a new modality to destroy DR environment, I heard on a online radio station last Friday that Haitians are poisoning our rivers.

This happened last week in the Montecristi and Manzanillo areas...

Is this a new fishing technique used in Haiti?

JJ
    Sounds stupid to me. A fear mongering technique to rationalize lynching innocent people...but feeble minded people will do as they are told to do.

You should get a new source of information. I am absolutely sure Dominicans dont need to fear Haitians POISONING their rivers, Dominicans do an excellent job at that themselves. Walk by any river and observe the odors from the water and the amount of plastic bottles that are on the riverbanks.

10. Likes N/A, Gabriela liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    Sounds stupid to me. A fear mongering technique to rationalize lynching innocent people...but feeble minded people will do as they are told to do.

You should get a new source of information. I am absolutely sure Dominicans dont need to fear Haitians POISONING their rivers, Dominicans do an excellent job at that themselves. Walk by any river and observe the odors from the water and the amount of plastic bottles that are on the riverbanks.
    some people are not interested in accurate and verifiable sources of information. their minds are far more comfortble with the crap they are fed from sensation seekers and people looking to be heard. if somebody said that some Haitian shoeshine boys had a nuclear weapon in a suitcase, every Dominican would be hiding under a bed somewhere.

12. Likes Gabriela liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

DELETED. Not DR related.
    Last edited by AlterEgo; 07-14-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

DELETED. Not DR related.
    Last edited by AlterEgo; 07-14-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast