american tourists threatened and extorted by tourist guides

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
full story here: Turistas denuncian atropello y extorsi?n por gu?as tur?sticos y Politurs | NOTICIAS TELEMICRO

a boat with a group of american tourists was stopped by dominican guides demanding money. the americans paid their fee to the tour company and the administration of the park. the tourists were held up until the driver of the president of the centro cultural turistico guanin was sent to pick money from the ATM in order to pay the guides.

a short follow-up: Gu?as tur?sticos Bayahibe admitieron cobrar dinero a turistas estadounidenses | NOTICIAS TELEMICRO

basically, nothing was done about this extortion. what a shocker.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Now only positive remarks people. And for gods sakes, don't mention Dominican society.:cheeky:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Slow season?
I always tell them I'm gonna need a receipt. They knew the deal when they signed up for these low paying jobs.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
It's about time the government realizes tourism is the only thing that keeps this island afloat, when tourism stops it's time to leave asap, the country will completely collapse within a very short time.
Unfortunately this is all wishful thinking....

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
All you need to do is start talking loud, and seem like you are "knowledgeable" about "life here" and they call you a "tigre" and always LEAVE me ALONE... They laugh and move onto the next idiot... YO NO PAGAR! BiaTCH..

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
All you need to do is start talking loud, and seem like you are "knowledgeable" about "life here" and they call you a "tigre" and always LEAVE me ALONE... They laugh and move onto the next idiot... YO NO PAGAR! BiaTCH..
Yes people that live here we are talking about American tourist who do not have experience in this country.
Anyway the truth about what goes on here is getting out in the world more and more and I dont care what any of the government paid bloggers on this forum say that tne RD will survive with out tourism thats BS!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Can you give us a list of these ' Government Paid Bloggers' so we all know who they are or is there a 'Government Conspiracy' to keep them secret?

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Can you give us a list of these ' Government Paid Bloggers' so we all know who they are or is there a 'Government Conspiracy' to keep them secret?

Hay dios if you cannot see who comes on here and always have top secret pictures? Anyway why would they be on here because well people do read this forum that are not living in the DR and of course there are people on this forum that are trying to promote the RD as this sophisticated country with great infrastructure no crime or drugs etc etc. But when things like this are posted they are know where to be seen ?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

A small hint, their join date is May 2003 and they have 10K + posts.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Notice how they never comment on these topics or anything that shows the DR in the true way that it is ??

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Hay dios if you cannot see who comes on here and always have top secret pictures? Anyway why would they be on here because well people do read this forum that are not living in the DR and of course there are people on this forum that are trying to promote the RD as this sophisticated country with great infrastructure no crime or drugs etc etc. But when things like this are posted they are know where to be seen ?

Your truly assimilated in DR if you write 'hay Dios' (which, by the way, is true, there is a God)